Apt-get errors with DietPi Roon Bridge Install

Crew, I had an RPi3 install of DietPi v158 and Roon Bridge go bad. Flashed the mSD card and have successfully reinstalled DietPi v158. When attempting to load up Roon Bridge, however, I am getting a lot of errors. Please see attached screenshots and offer up your suggestions. Thanks. JCRDietPi Error 1

Answering my own question. I first did a full backup of another working RPi3 mSD card with DietPi v158 and Roon Bridge on it, using Win32 Disk Imager. Then, I burned that image to the corrupted and re-formatted mSD card. I figured that would work.

It didn’t.

So, I again re-formatted the mSD card and today did another reinstall of DietPi, followed by Roon Bridge. Success!

So, either my DietPi was corrupted after yesterday’s new install or there was something wrong with DietPi servers, such that APT-GET was not downloading the requisite files. In any case, it worked this evening just fine as expected. JCR

Hi,

We generally see filesystem corruptions, and general stability issues in the following cases:

• Insufficient power supply that does not provide a stable 5V under load (we recommend official RPi PSU 5v/2.5A)
  • Insufficient/failing SD card (we recommend Sandisk Ultra/Extreme)

With the above, you can exclude system instability as a factor. System should then run as expected for many years :slight_smile:

Hello, @Dan_Knight. Hope you are getting some sleep nowadays with your young baby and thanks for jumping in. My PSU and mSD card are the ones that came with the RPi3 official kit at Microcenter. Since you didn’t identify an issue with the DietPi server being down for downloading of some files over the holiday weekend, I can only presume that I somehow managed to corrupt the download on my end, such that it wouldn’t connect to the proper apt-get server. As noted, my re-do from the bottom up of a DietPi reinstall, upgrade to v158 and Roon Bridge installation did go fine last night.

I had two of my RPi3s go wrong at the same time. It seemed to relate to an installation in my den of a Monoprice product to allow streaming of HD video from the lower level of my home via Ethernet (with HDMI input and output on the ends). I pulled that product out of the system and the RPi3s are fine. We won’t bother to try and diagnose this bizarre one off situation.

Since I assume you, @Dan_Knight, will see this post, I might ask again about a post of mine from right when your baby arrived. This related to getting Roon multichannel audio to stream via the HDMI output of the RPi3 using DietPi. Any further progress on that? Cheers. JCR

Whats sleep? lol :slight_smile:
But thank you for asking, they grow up fast.

I had two of my RPi3s go wrong at the same time. It seemed to relate to an installation in my den of a Monoprice product to allow streaming of HD video from the lower level of my home via Ethernet (with HDMI input and output on the ends).

Just checked the screenshots you sent, is does appear the Oxford Raspbian mirror may of been experiencing issues. This can happen from time to time, unfortunately, this is out of our control.
You can change the APT mirror in dietpi-config > Networking Options NAS/MISC > Apt Mirror

Since I assume you, @Dan_Knight, will see this post, I might ask again about a post of mine from right when your baby arrived.

Apologies, but i’ve not had a chance to look into this further, requires kernel source code work. Focusing on a stable Stretch release for RPi is highest priority at the moment. Once that is completed, i’ll try to get round to it.