ARC 1.81 is not available yet on Google Play. It is surprising that it is taking so long to become available
The last handful of ARC updates have taken a while to show up on the play store - some taking quite a few days to appear..
I guess we will just have to be patient.
I believe it is the Android Auto integration that Roon ARC offers. It seems Google’s verification/certification process takes even longer when Android Auto is at play. This is similar to ARC being released slower on iOS (slower in comparison with Roon Remote) due to the Apple CarPlay verification, only Apple is usually quite a bit faster than Goolge.
I don’t recall there being this much delay with Google Play releasing updates to ARC. Don’t know for sure.
This delay is not yet inconsistent with my experience over the previous 3 or 4 updates ![]()
FWIW - you can download the new version APK file from Roon’s website.
Mine now shows this when I tap on the downloaded APK.
What I don’t know is, will this break the updates through the App Store. If it does then I can update in this way in future, I’d probably be ok with that.
Edit: scrub that, you can’t update in this way. Great!
Hello,
It’s still not available on the Play Store in France !
Regards
Yes, you can’t update it if you already have a version installed via the Play Store, BUT if you first delete it in Play Store then it works!
Thanks for the tip, I much prefer this to the long wait (9 days and counting today).
https://download.roonlabs.net/builds/RoonARC.apk
EDIT: uuuuhm, Roon still have 1.80 linked on their website (Or, Android simply overrules it and fetches the latest approved version from the Play Store).
EDIT 2: Sideloading not allowed: Google will require developer verification to install Android apps
Still no Arc 1.81 update in Google store? 13 days so far, that’s a long time to wait ![]()
The wait is unusual.
Hi everyone,
We hear you on the long wait for ARC 1.81 on Android. The ARC 1.81 build we submitted to the Google Play Store is sound; nothing in it is holding up the release. The update is awaiting Play Store approval, so at this point we are waiting on it as well.
We hope it won’t be long ![]()
Thank you. First time ever it’s taking so long anyway…
There will be a backlog soon. ![]()
After all this time, would a withdrawal and resubmit be better to clear an obvious holdup?
I was thinking the same
Just got mine on Android.
Same here.
Yes, same here.
Just got 1.81.425 in the UK
Build 100425.

