ARC and ZyWALL port forwarding

Roon Core Machine

Nucleus Version 2.0 (build 1143) production

Networking Gear & Setup Details

ZyWALL USG 20

1. Who is your internet service provider? Comcast

2. Please list the make and model of your modem and router? Arris Surfboard SB6190

3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches? ZyWALL USG 20

4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?

Connected Audio Devices

Description of Issue -

What is the exact port forwarding error message you see in the Roon Settings → ARC tab?

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“76.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}

Hi @Bob_Johnson,

Do i understand it correctly that you have 2 modems/routers in your setup?
The Arris Surfboard SB6190 and the ZyWall USG 20?

If so, could you explain on which router the Nucleus is connected?

Kind regards,

Maarten.

I believe this is a cable modem only.

Have you got port forwarding set up, either UPnP or manually?

The ZyWall, is this connected to the same switch as all equipment inc endpoints. Is it a managed switch. A little more info will help.

Cable modem connects to cable. ZyWALL connects to it and has public, routable IP address. Everything else is behing the ZyWALL which serves as a local DHCP server. As of yet, ARC is not set up at all. Thanks.

Hi @Bob_Johnson,

What has to be done is creating a port forwarding on the ZyWall.

First in the Roon App goto Settings → Roon Arc and write down the IP-adres and Port number.

Please take a look at below Youtube video of a port forwarding on a ZyWall. Don’t know if it’s the same model. Hope this video helps and the screens don’t differ to much from your model.

Kind regards,

Maarten

1 Like

Way cool. After wading through a few more YouTube videos, I now have it working. Thanks!

1 Like

@Bob_Johnson,

That’s great news. Enjoy Roon Arc!

Maarten

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.