ARC cannot connect anymore on Version 1.0.10 [Roon Team investigating]

Same here in Switzerland. Looks like this a more global problem.

1 Like

Using (trying to use)ARC on fully functional 4 G network connection in Belgium often gives Roon “bad connection” message However Google maps, Waze and Qobuz all work fine.

ARC does start up (so there is access to the core). When starting playback on one of the suggestions (directly from Qobuz), that works.

But requesting the contents of my library, gives a Roon poor connection message and fails

Is Roon (again) putting irrealistic requirements on the network?

Hello Jan_Stes,
I have moved your request to the support category of the forum that automatically notifies the @support team.

Please make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they have a clear understanding of how your devices are connected.
I saw this old thread here, have you tried by now to set different DNS servers for your router?

That might very well improve your situation, please have a look:

How did you configure your router to get ARC working?

Can you please provide a screenshot like this one (of my own setting)?

Thanks!

There seems to be a service issue in Roon’s cloud infrastructure for ARC at the moment. There are lots of reports of “Poor connection” or “ARC not working” on the forum today. Personally, I can’t even get Qobuz to play through ARC. Both local and Qobuz tracks are giving me the “poor connection” error,

Local is working here, Germany, but without artwork images.

Do you happen to be playing a downloaded track?

Same here
Arc says something went wrong
But now i can stop letting someone at home restart my stuff again and again

1 Like

Maybe this is something for @ivan to look into also. Whenever I encounter such issues I first look at remedying them on my side. In case of ARC that means to reset the app. But this also means that I lose all of my downloads. So having a page that displays service outages would definitely help at least in my case.

Yes, downloaded music in ARC worked for me as well before I tried to reset the app.

Mine stopped connecting this morning as well. Roon settings says everything should be fine, but ARC on same network just spins looking for the Core. Thought it had something to do with the fact that I cloned and replaced the hard drive that my Core was on yesterday, but then I saw this thread. Hope all gets sorted soon.

Same issue here in France. ARC is not working

Roon Core Machine

NUC7i7DNHE, 8GB ram
Intel(R) Core™ i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90GHz, 2112 Mhz
Windows 10 pro version 10.0.19044 Build 19044

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Telenet (Belgium) Cable modem. Fritzbox 6890 LTE configured as a switch/access point.

Connected Audio Devices

Mola-Mola Makua (endpoint, wired), Kii Three (usb to core)

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Roon core says it’s ready for ARC. iPhone connected to the same network via wifi. The app is stuck on usual spinning “Searching for Roon Core…”

Not yet tried external connection, this seemed to be ambitious if it didn’t even work over Wifi.

Roon remote app works with no problem at all.

Looks like it works again here

Here as well, working again, Germany.

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from "Poor Connection" Errors in ARC on Wi-Fi:

Roon Core Machine Roon Nucleus

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

iPhone 12. iOS 16.0.2

Number of Tracks in Library

14,437 tracks mostly from TIDAL

Description of Issue

HI @Connor

I realise this is an old thread but am having exactly the same issue with ARC at the moment and wondered if there was server outage of some kind? Roon itself seems to be ok, but a continuing Poor Connection error on ARC. I reset Roon ARC on my phone and now it cannot connect to my Nucleus at all.

Not sure if you would like me to start a new #support thread?

My setup

Roon core - Nucleus
Remote - iPhone 12 running iOS 16.0.2

Some screenshots above to show the ARC Home Screen on my phone just hanging without being able to connect.

Same here in Europe

Today, I have encountered the exactly same problem in Seoul, South Korea.
My Core is fine and remote is working well, but ARC app does not connect with Core.
(Android-based mobile Roon ARC app.)

Hi. Same here in Finland, yesterday ARC worked fine, but today it does not. It informs about poor connection and “Something went wrong”.

Looks like a widespread problem - I’m getting “poor connection” messages (even when connected at home via wifi) here in the Netherlands at the moment.

Same problem…
Broken. Plenty of 5GB bandwidth. FYI, Qobuz plays no issues.

Running Rock… ARC says everything is happy…