Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Hi

Got this is Roon Arc as unable to connect outside of network

Any ideas ?

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:502,“error”:“\r\n502 Bad Gateway\r\n\r\n

502 Bad Gateway

\r\n
nginx\r\n\r\n\r\n”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“90.213.145.62”,“router_external_ip”:“192.168.0.7”},
“status”: “status”: MultipleNatFound
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.1.1”,“found_upnp”:true}
}

Thanks

You don’t say, which router you are using.
In my fritzbox I’ve to set allow the core to set the ports and then the error 502 goes away.

Hi
I’m using a Linksys Velop mesh system.
Any help appreciated. I can’t see which settings to change on the router
I’m using ROCK installed on a NUC
Thanks

Hey @CautiousLip,

Thank you for reaching out for assistance with port forwarding / ARC. After reviewing the information you’ve provided, it appears that you may be running multiple NATs in your setup. Please review our help article on the subject, and let me know if you’re able to solve the issue through the steps provided.

If, after going through the above, you still experience issues, please provide the following information:

1. Who is your internet service provider?
  2. Please list the make and model of your modem and router?
  3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
  4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?
  5. How is your Roon Core connected to the internet?

Thanks!

Hi
Here’s the info you need.

1. Who is your internet service provider?
    Sky in the UK

2. Please list the make and model of your modem and router?
    Standard Sky Broadband router / modem combined in one box. Wi-Fi is disabled. Unable to set to bridge or modem mode as there is no option with Sky
    Network is managed by a Linksey’s Velop system. 5 nodes around the house and garden
    Netgear switches also used.

3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
    Yes - see above

4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?
    No

5. How is your Roon Core connected to the internet?
    Roon Core is an intel NUC running Rock which is connected to the Nether switch. Roon works well except for ARC
    When I connected the ROCK to the Sky router I can get ARC to connect but then I’m unable to see any end points. I use Naim NDX2, Naim Muso, a couple of Apple Home Pods and Sonos move.

Thanks

Hey @CautiousLip,

Thanks for the info! And just to triple check, you don’t have any 3rd party apps running your firewall, like mcafee etc.?

This error message in the code is telling us your current setup has more than one device between your Roon core and the public internet which are both configured to do this “translation” process, Roon won’t be able to configure your network to allow access to your Roon Core. Did you get a chance to review our help article on the subject? There is useful information you can read here:

With this, please navigate to the Sky router UPnP page and provide a screenshot (please enable UPnP if you haven’t) :
http://192.168.1.1/sky_upnp.html

Can you confirm that you’ve matched the Port number from Roon Settings> ARC to that of your Sky router? Try setting both port numbers to 55000, and restart your router/core.

Lastly, if none of the above helps, you may need to contact your ISP to request a static IP, or if they would be able to set your router to bridge mode.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.