ARC: Dropouts and skipped tracks

No I’ve started to get drop outs and skipped tracks. It always seems to be towards the end of the track too. My core is a Mac Mic M1 connected via Ethernet to my Arcam AVR30 via a Nergear nighthawk router.

My Arc today became unstable. Downloaded track just give a playback error and stop.

@Stuart_Hillis, I have moved your post to a new #support thread.

I’d be grateful if you would complete the following template so you may be assisted. Thanks.

Roon Core Machine

<!‐-Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)-‐>
<!‐-Write below this line-‐>

Networking Gear & Setup Details

<!‐-Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet, are you using VP-‐>

Connected Audio Devices

<!‐-Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.)-‐>

Number of Tracks in Library

<!‐-Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”-‐>

Description of Issue

<!-‐Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!-‐>

I have this and can not play any tracks anymore. Arc is broken.

I updated to the latest version and still nothing is playable.

Hi @Stuart_Hillis,

I’ve merged your reports from another thread into this one so we can assist you in one place.

Would you mind specifying if you’ve configured port forwarding for ARC playback via cellular data? You should see error diagnostics present in Roon → Settings → ARC if not.

Next question: have you experienced any playback errors when using the phone’s system output as an endpoint? I’m curious about which endpoint you’re using in the screenshot. Are you able to share a screenshot of the signal path in ARC next time you encounter this error?

We’re tracking some known upsampling failures with DAPs, although they tend to manifest with the Android mixer and not on iOS. Are you significantly upsampling any CD Quality content when ARC’s playback fails?

The team has pulled routine diagnostics from your Core in the meantime to investigate whether there’s a deeper sync issue. We’ll be watching for your response, and thank you for your patience.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.