ARC & Mac Setup. Cannot connect

Roon Core Machine: MacMini 2018, OS Monterey 12.5.1,
Networking Gear & Setup Details: Motorola SURFboard connected via Ethernet to Apple Timecapsule. No VPN.
Your network gear (model of routers/switches), if on WiFi/Ethernet, and if you are using
Connected Audio Devices: Mcintosh 8950 connected to Core with USB.

Hello, When I try to connect ARC to my Roon Core, I receive the following, " {
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“24.198.177.242”,“router_external_ip”:null},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}"
I’m not sure what my next step should be. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Andy

You need to ad a port-forwarding rule for TCP in your router. Make sure it is the same port as in your core (settings → roon arc at the right bottom of the page. Typically, you can use port 55000

Details can be found here: https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/arc-port-forwarding

Thank you for your reply! I’ve been reading that document and also checking out posts. Honestly, I’m a little lost. This is how I have the ports configured. Does it look right to you.

Screen Shot 2022-09-21 at 3.20.14 PM

Looks ok to me. Make sure the same port is configured in Roon core (settings → roon arc) at the right bottom of the page

Thank you Stefan, sometimes all you need is another set of eyes or a second opinion. It’s working now. I can’t wait to try it out. Thanks again, Andy

Happy, that it now works for you!

@roon tech support
Why dont you make a sticky note in the forum for the following three most problematic use-cases and how to resolve it:

(1) Router does not support UPnP auto config
(2) 2 router causing double NAT
(3) Manual ad port-forwarding in routers

With such an info, most of the hundreds of complains related to v2.0 troubles could be solved very easily

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.