Arc not connecting after router unplugged

After having to unplug my router as part of moving furniture etc, I now cannot get Arc to connect to my core. On the Arc tab in settings on my iMac (the core), I just have the word ‘Testing’ and a circle spinning round. There is also no Roon Core IP address in the afforementioned Arc tab. I have reloaded Roon on the iMac/core and deleted the Arc app on my iPhone. Neither have worked.

I keep reading about ‘ports’ etc on routers, but I have not had to do this previously as my core and Arc connected without issue when I first got Arc. Furthermore, I have no idea what ‘ports’ means when talking about routers etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

I moved your post from #uncategorized to #support:port-forwarding-help. As you posted in #uncategorized, you didn’t see the template that is shown by default in #support:port-forwarding-help. Therefore please tell us what your setup is:

Roon Core Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches), if on WiFi/Ethernet, and if you are using a VPN

1. Who is your internet service provider?

2. Please list the make and model of your modem and router?

3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?

4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?

Hello @Christian_Platt
You may have used UPnP. In this case, it may be sufficient to reboot your core machine, and possibly also to restart the Arc remote.

Expanding on what @Axel_Lesch mentioned:

you also may want to reset the ARC remote app by selecting the Settings option (the gear icon in the top right corner) in the ARC app and scrolling to the bottom of the page where a red “X Reset Roon ARC” option is available.

I’ve got the same problem. For now thee time i reboot my code server and disbale enable my router upnp. But after a few songs the problem is there again.
After the latest upgrade i’ve got these problema

@Robert_F @Christian_Platt @Toine_Frijters
I noticed this issue a while ago and commented on it, as did @Tim_Rhodes.
For me, a core reboot of my Nuc was enough to get everything working again.

1 Like

Hi Axel,

Apologies for the late response. I have rebooted my core, but can’t restart Arc after uninstalling and then reinstalling the app. After signing in, Arc aknowledges my core, but won’t connect and just stays on the 'trying to connect ’ screen with the wheel spinning. Am at a total loss as to why I can’t connect.

Apologies for the late response. I have rebooted my core, but can’t restart Arc after uninstalling and then reinstalling the app. After signing in, Arc aknowledges my core, but won’t connect and just stays on the 'trying to connect ’ screen with the wheel spinning. Am at a total loss as to why I can’t connect.

Hi Suedkiez,

Apologies for the late response.

My internet service provider is Vodafone.
My router is: a Thg300 Wifi Hub
No additional routers
No VPN, proxy servers or enterprise grade security

In the meantime, there were quite many other posts where ARC setup is showing “testing” forever. May be unrelated to your setup. Roon is investigating, some of it was caused server-side and it was partially resolved but apparently not yet competely:

1 Like

PS - I’m using a 2020 iMac running Ventura 13.2.1

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.