Roon Core Machine

Mac Studio M1 Max 32 G RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Verizon Quantum Gateway Ethernet no VPN

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

22K tracks

Description of Issue

ARC not working on cellular when I leave the house. When conncected to wifi in home works flawlessly. If I switch to wifi when not at home I can connect to Core with no problem.

1 Like

I have the same problem, M1 mac mini

Same issue here. 4g 5g four bars. Works when I’m close to house.

S22 ultra Verizon
Tab 7s+ Verizon.

Two questions:

1. Are you receiving a notification at the bottom of ARC noting a poor or non-existent connection to the Core?

2. Under Settings → Roon ARC, are you seeing at the top of the box under Testing a notification stating that Roon ARC is available to your Core, or an error message?

If #1, you may have a poor uplink connection from the Core to your Internet, or a poor mobile signal (regardless of the number of bars showing on your mobile phone).

If #2, ARC and your Core may not be configured properly.

It’s because the Mac has to stay fully awake to be able to connect for some reason. I tested this with my MBP running the core and the minute the screensaver kicks in or the log in screen comes on ARC stops working on cellular. And If you start using the Mac it starts to work again. Unfortunately there is not way to keep the MBP fully awake because after not being used it will try to lock itself or save energy.

Tested this myself and you are correct!

Yeah man I’ve been trying to figure a way around it but haven’t found one yet. It really sucks and unfortunately the Roon nucleus is way overpriced.

It will do because you’re inside your network and connecting directly to the core.

Have you enabled port forwarding from the instructions?

I did some troubleshooting and found out that if I uncheck the “Put hard disks to sleep when possible” area in systems preferences (on my computer) and extend the display sleep time ARC will work. There are time when it will drop and requires closing and reopening the app before it works again but it will work. I have noticed that I do need all bars on cellular for it to work. I am in New York City and on the AT&T network. (Not sure if this would be a factor).

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.