Hyperoptic UK: ARC not ready- made sure the UpNP is enabled

Roon Core Machine

Audiostore Prestige: Core i5; 8GB RAM; 1TB SSD

Getting an error message: Roon ARC not ready; tried the troubleshooting steps but not luck
Current networking setup is ASUS RT-AX88U (router connected to Roon Core) with sattelite RT-AX55

Networking Gear & Setup Details

ASUS RT-AX88U
ASUS RT-AX55

Not using a VPN

Connected Audio Devices

Sonore optical Rendu+optical module Deluxe
Roon whole home setup

Number of Tracks in Library

7200 tracks in library

Description of Issue

Getting an error message: Roon ARC not ready; tried the troubleshooting steps but not luck

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:502,“error”:“error: Error: connect ECONNREFUSED 137.220.74.204:55002, response code: undefined, body: undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“137.220.74.204”,“router_external_ip”:null},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.50.1”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“doaction request return statuscode: UnknownError”}
}

Hi @Penny , What router model/manufacturer do you have? Can you please look over our Knowledge Base article and see if this helps in your case? Thanks!
Hi Penny. I accidentally replied with a whisper. Did you see my reply with the screenshots? I am going to provide them here too just in case. This will also allow other users to see the screens.

Fellow ASUS user here. I’m a fan of their very detailed and sometimes confusing config.

Can you check the configuration in the screenshots I supplied? I don’t know if it was one setting or some combination of the 3 but trying to get ARC working on my ASUS I ended up enabling all of these things. Please note that for the second screen shot, the internal IP is not necessary. Screenshots below:

In the WAN section, Internet connection tab:

Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 9.25.41 AM
Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 9.25.41 AM
847Ă—608 71 KB
Under WAN section, Virtual Server / Port Forwarding tab:

Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 9.15.39 AM
Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 9.15.39 AM
849Ă—406 42.8 KB
Under Open Nat section:

Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 9.15.18 AM
Screen Shot 2022-09-20 at 9.15.18 AM
1207Ă—593 278 KB
Wes

Tried these steps on my ASUS RT-AX88U
Still no joy…based in the UK

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“137.220.74.204”,“router_external_ip”:null},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.50.1”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“doaction request return statuscode: UnknownError”}

@Nick_Yanakiev, please edit your post and try reuploading the screenshots, since they didn’t upload correctly. Use the right image button on the toolbar. Thanks.

Guidance was provided by @Wes

1 Like

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
}

Hi @Nick_Yanakiev,

Am I correct in interpreting that your issue is resolved? Standing by in case it’s not.

{
}

A post was merged into an existing topic: FritzBox 7590 - Port Forwarding Not Automatically Configuring

Definitely not resolved, as per my message earlier

“Tried these steps on my ASUS RT-AX88U
Still no joy…based in the UK”

Hi @Nick_Yanakiev,

Can you confirm the configuration was changed in all three areas for the screenshots I provided?

I’m enabling diagnostics and getting logs as we speak. Edit: please power up your core and leave it on for me if you would.

Wes

Hi Wes, thanks for the super prompt response. Yes, updated everything as per the instructions.

Only difference is that I added the ip address of my Roon Core and didn’t copy what you provided

Hi @Nick_Yanakiev,

Thank you for confirming. I have one more question. Do you mind sharing your ISP and modem type?

Thanks,
Wes

Not at all. The ISP is Hyperoptic in the UK.
There is no extra modem on the premises, all I can see is the ethernet cable coming out of the wall.

Hi @Nick_Yanakiev,

Sorry for the confusion earlier. I’ve done a little digging and it’s very likely that as a Hyperoptic user, you’ve been placed behind a layer of their carrier-grade NAT. That would explain the timeouts despite no additional modem/router on your end.

It’s an unfortunate quandary with Hyperoptic that requires requesting a static IPv4 address directly from Hyperoptic for a small monthly increase in your subscription fee, according to other ARC users with your same provider.

Other Hyperoptic customers attempting to port forward for non-ARC purposes have tinkered with additional workarounds, as on Reddit here. Feel free to follow their suggestions, but the team recommends the static IP route as a workaround for now. Rest assured that the team is actively investigating workarounds for carrier-grade NAT that will not require setting a static IP in the future, although that’s not an option for the 1.0 release of ARC.

In the meantime, you can review another ARC user’s solution to your issue here: Attention: Hyperoptic UK Uses IPv6 and CG-NAT [Solved - Request Static IP]

1 Like

Problem solved with the static IP address now in place!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.