ARC Not Working Since Update 1223 [Fixed in core build 1232]

Day 6. Still stuck in a Testing loop with no clear path forward on a resolution. Every fix I have come across has not worked. Will this be satisfactorily resolved so that we can all enjoy the full benefits and features of Roon.?

Thanks.

1 Like

any news about working ARC ? for the past few days itā€™s not workingā€¦ tried everything - deleting roon app with all the data, restarting roon core, restarting routerā€¦ everythingā€¦ still not working :frowning:

Same here. I tried the solution last night of restoring from database, reinstalling Roon and Roon Arc and nothing is working. Please advise.

Same thing for me, spinning ā€œtestingā€ forever, same on iPhone, ipad and windows pcā€™s (x2)
Working perfectly before the update.
In the Roon Core IP field on the ARC page there is no ip address nor can I add one.

FYIā€¦

Since folks have tried everything and still not working, I wonā€™t bother. A reboot of ROCK resolved for some time, but the issue did come back. Since the Support team is aware of a back end server side of things and working to resolve, looks like its back to Tidal for me.

I was having the same issue with it just saying testingā€¦.

I checked my router and there were multiple entries for port forwarding automatically set up by upnp. When I first did this enabling upnp only added one.
This has happened a few times so have had to disable, reboot and enable it again to get just the one port forwarding entry.

I ended up last night using manual port forwarding and am hoping this will stop further entries/duplicates being added to the list.

All working nowā€¦. Fingers crossed.

I still have the same problem after reinstalling etc!!!

So Iā€™m also in the same condition and none of the solutions worked. I rebooted the core several times, uninstalled and reinstalled the roon arc app on my Iphone, rebooted the ruter, nothing works, the roon arc tab is test spinning endlessly and the newly reinstalled arc app on my Iphone says that no roon cores found. very much hope to here from someone in the support team about this issue.

Same here, no arc connection anymore. The app wonā€™t even load on my iphone

ā€œMe tooā€ post hereā€¦ restarted Roon Core (running on a Mac Mini, Monterey), then rebooted the machine as well. Still spinning away

Only one entry in my routerā€™s port forwarding table, FYI

Day 7. Same as the previous 6. Testing loop. None of the workarounds work for me.

Thanks.

1 Like

Its still a non go for me !

This is the link for the workaround to install a preview version, it works for me.

not working on macosx and ios - still Testing mode :frowning:

This issue with Roon ARC not connecting has been going on for far too long.
WHAT IS BEING DONE TO RECTIFY IT.
Should it go on much longer I shall seriously consider not renewing my subscription. Iā€™m just glad I did not buy a lifetime subscription.
Roon Core - M1 MacMini, MacOS Ventura 13.2.1. Roon ARC - iPhone SE iOS 16.2

I am running the Roon Early Access program as specified in the post above with Roon ARC. I was able to directly connect to my Roon ROCK without the spinning cycle and the hang up.

I have had no problems this morning.

I kept my Roon ROCK production version (server software) installed. I am not using any other early access versions on any other devices.

I am only using the beta test version of Roon ARC on IOS 16.3.1 on iPhone 11 ProMax. And it has been working as it should.

Hopefully, the issue will be resolved soon.

Letā€™s hope so
I am still staggered that in 2023 a company can release a firmware update without checking if it breaks such an important feature of their system.
I doubt we are the unlucky few, and would bet it has affected all users.

1 Like

Just chiming in to say that Iā€™m having the same problem and Iā€™m looking forward to the fix. Iā€™m glad that the Roon team is working on it.

Roon build 1226 early access 64 bits on this version roon arc gives a spinning wheel and does not connect.