ARC on Android Can't Find Roon Core [Ticket In]

It might be necessary to forward the modem too.

As for your screenshot, the protocol is listed as TCP. For my router (ASUS), I had the options of TCP, UDP, or both and I had to select both. Also, under my WAN settings, I had to enable UPnP so there were multiple locations that had to be touched.

Wes

What does forwarding the modem mean? Can you show me an example or give me instructions?

UPnP is enabled.

Changed protocol back to “both”. No difference. Same result.

Here’s a link to my modem bridge settings.

It’s instructions in Hebrew, but the modem UI pictures are in English so you can see the settings. I’m pretty sure these are my modem’s settings.
If these aren’t right, tell me and I will try and change them.

@support
Here’s a summation, I don’t understand why I’m not receiving a solution:

1. Roon says my setup is ARC ready;

2. My router IP and ARC port are public, open, and visible acc’d to all indications: Can be seen at https://canyouseeme.org/ ; whois lookup says it is a public IP.
    The IP starts with 109.67; when I put the Router IP in Google it comes up as a known IP

3. When I logon to ARC from my android phone it sees my server, connects, but then says indexing failed. After that it doesn’t connect again (it searches for the core and doesn’t find it). When I log out and logon again to ARC, it finds the Core and again fails to index. Repeat cycle.

4. I sent a link above which lets you see the setup of my Internet modem/bridge.

It seems to me that there is something else going on here that I haven’t been told about or that Roon isn’t aware of regarding ARC.

Since my setup seems to meet all the criteria you’ve said are needed for successful use of ARC, you need to figure out why my setup doesn’t work.

Thanks

@support
It’s been 2 weeks since I had any kind of meaningful response.
Please see my last few posts.
My system meets every one of the criteria you’ve mentioned, but ARC still can’t index my server.
It would be nice if I could get some type of meaningful response instead of silence.

It’s been 3 weeks since I had any kind of meaningful response.
Please see my last few posts.
My system meets every one of the criteria you’ve mentioned, but ARC still can’t index my server.
It would be nice if I could get some type of meaningful response instead of silence.

Hey @danny2,

There can be no excuse for the circuitous and unfruitful support experience you’ve endured, but the good news is that tech support has identified what we believe is the issue causing the initial sync failure with ARC.

Do you have either of the following conditions present in your Roon library, by chance?

1. Custom genres from file tags
  2. Custom genres from file tags with images associated

There’s a sync issue with custom genre tags evident in your library. This is a known bug for which we anticipate having a fix rolled out within the next build or two. In the meantime, you can take these steps:
create a Backup and try to disable Use genres from file tags toggle in your Core’s settings (Settings Library → Import Settings). Please let me know if ARC manages to sync with these tags disabled.

If you don’t have any custom genres from file tags, please let me know in what ways you’re using file tags, if at all, so the team can more thoroughly investigate the offending log file.

We’d be happy to answer any questions.

AFAIK, I don’t have tags with images associated.
As far as genres from file tags, I turned off “use genres extracted from tags” in import settings.
uninstalled and re-installed ARC on my phone.
In general I have some of my own genre’s that I’ve tagged some albums with. Since I turned off “use genres extracted from tags” my personally made tags don’t appear in Roon.

This is what I get when I open ARC:

Just hangs in that state. I still have “ready” listed in Roon under ARC.

1 Like

Hi @danny2,

We will escalate this to our development team today and report back with next steps. This thread has several support team members assigned, so you can expect a prompt follow-up. Thank you for the quick response and further information.

2 Likes

Just downloaded build 1143 and uninstalled ARC on my phone and re-installed new download.
Still no connection.
See above post where ARC just hangs at the opening screen.
No change from 4 days ago, previous version.

I’m getting the same thing. Roon server says ARC is ready, but phone ARC app is stuck on searching for server.

Are you sure that you have the same thing? Did it ever work before? If it worked in the past, what you are experiencing may well be a new issue as of yesterday, apparently something with Roon’s servers that is affecting many people:

1 Like

Same issue here. Core says all is good but ARC says “No Roon Cores found”. Strange. It did work before.

First time trying ARC. Likewise here. Roon core is latest update. Roon ARC Android phone same issue.

I also have the same issue, Core says “Roon ARC can securely access your Roon Core” but when I launch the ARC app, it is endlessly searching for Roon Core. Please fix it as soon as possible. Thanks.

It’s being worked on…

A post was merged into an existing topic: [ROON ARC: All of sudden, “Something went wrong” and “Poor connection” and “Searching for Roon Core…” messages [Resolved]]](/t/roon-arc-all-of-sudden-something-went-wrong-and-poor-connection-and-searching-for-roon-core-messages-resolved/222224/185)