ARC on Android Can't Find Roon Core [Ticket In]

Roon says it’s ready to access ARC.
ARC app (android) can’t find Roon Core. Is just doing endless “searching”.

I also tried manual port forwarding to 550000, didn’t help.

Hi @danny2,

Thank you for reaching out for assistance with port forwarding. I’ve split your post into a separate thread so the team and other users can assist you more directly.

If you don’t mind, can you provide the following details about your network setup to help expedite troubleshooting?

1. Who is your internet service provider?

2. Please list the make and model of your modem and router?

3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?

4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?

5. What machine are you using as a Roon Core, and how is it connected to the internet?

I posted here before I saw your post.
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/cant-connect-to-roon-arc/213514/4

This isn’t specifically a 55000 forwarding problem.

Roon says ARC is ready and working on my server, ready to connect. No error message.

On my android phone, the ARC app is just “searching” and never finds the core.

Tried with and without adding a specific port forwarding line for 55000, didn’t help.

• Who is your internet service provider?
    Local phone company, Bezeq. ADSL
  • Please list the make and model of your modem and router?
    router Linksys ACS1900
    modem DLIink DSL G256DG
  • Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
    Switch
    TP Link TL SG1008
  • Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?
    No.
  • What machine are you using as a Roon Core, and how is it connected to the internet?
    Windows 11 i7 11K processor

Roon says ARC is ready and working on my server, ready to connect. No error message.

On my android phone, the ARC app is just “searching” and never finds the core.

Tried with and without adding a specific port forwarding line for 550000, didn’t help.

1 Like

Hi @danny2,

To clarify, ARC is unable to find your Roon Core while connected to your home Wi-Fi network? I recommend restarting the Core in that case, just to refresh authorization and stabilize conditions after updating.

Is the D-Link modem/router in Bridge mode?

Yes, ARC on my android mobile device is unable to find the Roon Core on my network. It also can’t find it if I am only conncected via may mobile’s data/internet.

I restarted my Roon Core. No change. Still just an endless “searching”, even though Roon says ARC is “Ready”.

My modem is in bridge mode.

1 Like

I did the same thing. Restart and still can’t connect.

1 Like

Hi @danny2,

Diagnostics from ARC suggest that IPv6 may be enabled and prioritized in one of the routers in your setup; can you please verify whether any of the hardware in your setup has IPv6 enabled?

Disabled in my setup. I applied the disable setting again just to make sure and still cannot connect.

The Linksys router had IPv6 enabled; turned it off and still can’t connect. I also restarted both the router and the Core PC after I made the change.

Question:
My setup is modem >router>switch. The ADSL setup is PPPoE.
Does ARC require a static IP from the ISP to the modem?
I think mine is static, except if the modem or router are turned off and go back on, then they may get a new IP address from the ISP.
Internally on my network, the Roon Core has a static IP address.

I checked the SheildsUP site for port 55002, and it says “open”.

But just to clarify, this is what I see:

Just to try something, I logged in again to Roon from ARC:
this is what I got:

But it never actually fully connects
When I close and re-open ARC, I get the endless “searching” again.
I also tried restarting my router and restarting my Roon Core PC.
Same result.

@connor

any chance for an update here?
I’ve tried everything I can think of to fix it; nothing works.
I’ve left several clues here. Maybe someone on the Roon end can figure out the problem and provide a solution?

Hi @danny2,

From what I can tell, Bezeq uses a carrier-grade NAT. You will need to contact them and ask for a public IP for the purpose of port forwarding. Until this is done, ARC won’t be able to connect because of this type of ISP routing.

Wes

@Wes
Thanks The actual name of the carrier is Bezeq International
They just told me they don’t use carrier grade NAT.
So the problem is elsewhere.

If I get a static IP from them, will that help?

Can you confirm that the IP listed at https://canyouseeme.org/ is the same as what your router reports it is? If you supply the port number that is configured in Settings>Roon ARC on that page, can it see you?

If not, something on the network or the ISP is blocking ARC’s communication. If it’s an ISP-provided modem you may have to change some settings there. ARC will work on any port between 10000 and 65000. I might suggest another port or consult with ISP on what if any ports may be blocked.

Yes, it is the same IP as my router reports.
Yes, it can see the port configured in Roon. It says “your ISP isn’t blocking the port.”
So the IP is visible and the port is visible.
“Something on the network or the ISP” is a bit vague. ARC is your app. You need to give me a better idea about what I can do to get it to work, as my setup seems to fit all the generic requirements the app demands.Even within the Roon setup it says it’s “ready”.
If https://canyouseeme.org/ can see the router IP and the port, then why can’t ARC?

Hi @danny2,

It’s quite difficult to say what’s causing the problem. We know that Roon ARC isn’t down so it has to be a matter of configuration.

Can you give me a screenshot of the port forwarding setup on your router? Also, is the UI for your modem accessible? Despite it being in bridge mode, perhaps there is additional configuration necessary.

I am having difficulty finding online help for your ISP due to most of it being, Hebrew. I cannot discern what is or not relevant. Otherwise, I’d have more to offer.

As far as translate Hebrew, if you tell me what you are looking for in Engish, I can probably find it and get the info to you.
Screenshot:

As far as the modem, I believe I can access it. What settings should there be?