iPhone 12 – iOS 15.6.1 – 128G

Bluesound Pulse Flex 2i

Bluesound Pulse Flex

Bluesound Pulse 2

Auralic Aries

Bang & Olufson Beosound Stage

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

First off, kudos to the Roon team for the launch of ARC! This has been a long time coming and it’s awesome to have this functionality.

ARC installed with no issues. It has been playing fine in my car, however, in my office at work I receive a poor connection error and cannot utilize ARC. I receive this error despite having a very strong wifi connection. It may be worth mentioning that the cell signal in my office is poor. Both Plexamp and Spotify work with no issues from this location.

Plexamp works from this location with a fairly high-quality setting. I currently have ARC set so that Cellular and Wifi are set to Bandwidth Optimized.

Does ARC work in your office when you disable WiFi on your phone? Your office network may be limiting access via the necessary ports required by the Core to communicate with the outside network, or you may be bandwidth-limited on WiFi within your office network.

If ARC works on a mobile connection at your office, that may provide some insight into the behavior you are experiencing over WiFi.

Thanks, Robert. I am working from home today but I will try that when I am in the office tomorrow and I’ll report back with the result.

1 Like

Your theory was correct. While WiFi does not work in my office, when I disable WiFi I am able to access ARC using my cellular connection without any issues. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.