ARC Port Forwarding Support

I have the same problem with my app working at home om my Wifi but not on any other network outside my home. However, I do run a Mesh system (Asus) behind my Router that comes from my ISP. Could that be our mutual problem? I see that you too uses a mesh system. Does anybody have a thought about my idea?

1 Like

@Pontus_Odqvist, I moved your post to a new Port Forwarding support thread so you can be supported. What you listed is what is typically called a double-NAT issue (two routers connected to each other). In this case, to get ARC working, you may need to activate either UPnP on both your router and you ISP router, or create a port forwarding rule on each router.

To provide better support, can you please provide the following information:

Describe The Issue
When you start a thread in the #support category, make sure to include:

• What’s not working
  • How often the issue occurs

This could be “every time I start the app”, or “every time I click a certain button”, etc.

If you’re having a crash or an issue that happens sporadically, it’s helpful if you can let us know an approximate time for when it last happened.

Describe Your Setup

It’s important that you include all relevant setup information so our team can get a clear understanding of the issue.

Your post should include:

• Details on your Core machine (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)
  • Details on your Remote(s) (OS, Hardware specs, Roon build)
  • Networking details (especially what hardware you’re using, how everything is connected, and anything notable about how it’s all configured)
  • Audio devices in use
  • Library details (where your music is stored, whether you’re using a streaming service, how many tracks are in your library)

Including these details in your first post helps us resolve your issues faster.

Typically, ARC issues like the one you see can be caused by a misconfigured Port Forwarding setting, if you are not seeing Ready listed in Roon Settings -> Roon ARC, please look over this guide before proceeding.

If you have reviewed this guide and still have not resolved the issue, can you provide the following details about your network setup to help expedite troubleshooting?

1. Who is your internet service provider?
  2. Please list the make and model of your modem and router?
  3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
  4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?
  5. What machine are you using as a Roon Core, and how is it connected to the internet?
  6. Are there any specific error codes displayed in the Roon Settings → Roon ARC tab? If so, can you post the error here?
1 Like

Thank you!

I managed to do just that, a double port forwarding and it works flawlessly!

BR

Pontus

1 Like

@Pontus_Odqvist, glad you have ARC working and enjoy the music :musical_note:!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.