ARC - Roon Radio resets after inactivity

Hi,
Let’s say I start Roon Radio (“play now” on some artist) in the morning on the way to work.
In the evening when I leave work, ARC resumes playing the last track that was playing in the morning, but it “forgets” that it was playing the artist radio and instead just starts a new radio based on the last track.
Is this the desirable behavior? I would have liked continuity in that regard.
Thanks

1 Like

A reply just to get noticed

Hi @Chikolad,

Apologies for the delayed response. Are you seeing this on the most recent build of Roon and ARC?

I’m curious if your Queue is retaining the tracks you’ve played on your morning commute. Are you able to supply the support team with a screenshot of your Queue when you encounter this behavior again? We’ll clarify the expected behavior here.

Thanks again for your patience.

Hi @connor , unfortunately I cannot test this at the moment because ARC doesn’t work for me due to some change in my ISP.
But I can tell you that with the previous build of ARC, I almost could never open the queue without ARC freezing completely (I posted a different thread about this that also didn’t get a response yet), so I don’t know if I’ll be able to answer that even after I get my ISP sorted.
I’ll keep you posted.
Thanks!

Hi again @connor, finally got my ARC working again, but like I said, any attempt to open the Queue results in the ARC app freezing and needing to be restarted. I’m on Android and with the latest version of ARC.

Hi @Chikolad,

Please accept our apologies that this thread auto-closed before we had reached a solution to your Android performance issues in ARC.

Are you still experiencing freezing when you attempt to access the queue in ARC? Are there any other pages that cause hangs or freezes?

Looking at recent diagnostics, there are network timeouts and connectivity warnings in ARC, but nothing that explicitly declares a freeze or crash. We’ve reopened this thread so you can report more specifically, and we’ll follow up from there. Thank you for your patience!

Hi @connor, thanks for your reply.
Yes, I still experience freezing when I try to access the queue in 99% of cases. In fact, I can’t remember the last time I did that when it worked. I basically avoid opening the queue and will check every once in a while to see if anything was fixed.
BTW lately I have also had cases where the app crashed completely. I can be playing a playlist in shuffle (I have a playlist of all library tracks), and I would skip some songs that I don’t want to listen to, and then a track would start and at some point it would stop. I check my phone and I see that ARC is not running.
There are other cases where after some inactivity I need to restart ARC for it to play anything. It would try to load the track and would eventually display the “poor connection” error, and I would restart ARC and it would work again.
Still lots of instability for me.

Hi @Chikolad,

The last few updates have contained numerous stability improvements for Android. How has ARC performed recently? We’ll look into diagnostics for any specific issues you might report - please include an example track title or timestamp if possible. Thank you!

Hi @connor,
Generally it’s still quite unstable. It crashes, stops connecting to the core etc. I didn’t try opening the queue for a while so I’ll need to give it a go.
And I only updated the core a couple of hours ago and haven’t used ARC since, if that matters.

Thanks for getting back to me!

1 Like

Oh and I now realize I haven’t been on the latest Android version too, so I will get back to you on that

1 Like

Hi again @connor, I just tried opening the queue again after updating ARC and it froze immediately. Even when just playing an album with ~10 tracks