ARC sound quality is mindblowing

I don’t know about Audirvana, but you can see the exact signal path in Roon. If they did anything without showing it there, it would not be “silent”, it would be fraudulent. Would you agree?

Sorry, I don’t think this is fraudulent.

thanks Rolex!

You are welcome.

I think Roon staff should chime in here. There are no nuances to bit perfect.

1 Like

Nonsense. By which mechanism have you determined this?

There are many ways to test this. For example, if you play a DTS stream and it was manipulated in any way, the AVR you play it if you will not be able to decode the DTS.

This is true of MQA as well.

If you have a USB device with a digital output, you can record that and compare it against the original bits. That also will prove that there is no manipulation.

I’m very curious to hear which mechanism you used to reach your accusation that we are manipulating the signal.

Hi, sorry. I was comparing Roon’s Tidal player with Tidal’s own player. The sound from the Roon player seems to be louder than the sound from the Tidal player.

Based on this comparison experience, we can deduce that Roon may have taken a gain operation.

There are two other possibilities, one is that Tidal’s player has a gain reduction effect. The last possibility is that my own ears are wrong.

But it seems that I have the same feeling as the poster: the sound from Roon is more vivid, three-dimensional and clearer than the sound from Tidal.

And

• You really like being in your car!
2 Likes

hehe…yes i do - and now even better with ARC in the car :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is a good job.

I am enjoying it.