Roon Core Machine

Nuc i7

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Verizon latest wifi

Connected Audio Devices

iPhone alone or w/ usb D/A (Mojo)

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

ARC app sometimes works for a minute or so then crashes.

I did all of the updates, and reinstalled ARC - Still no workie.

It turns out that a phone restart was all that it took.

I spoke too soon. Now it plays for 2 seconds and crashes. Restating the phone does not help…

Hey @Gino_Vacca1,

Ben here with the support team, thanks for taking the time to write in!

I wanted to follow up on this thread to see if you were still running into issues running Arc on your iPhone? If possible, can you provide more information around the specific model and OS running on the iPhone?

We’ll also need a more comprehensive breakdown of your full system setup, including your networking gear and how your core is connected to your network.

Lastly, have you given your router, core a hard reboot followed by selecting ‘Reset Roon Arc’ under your arc settings?

I’ll be on standby for your reply :+1:

What a strange trip. The hard reboot worked, but only if I don’t change any of the settings - DSD, volume leveling, etc., or even plug in my Mojo (my only options are Bluetooth or the phones speaker via default settings) - any change, and it starts to crash. One other thing I noticed, if I change the DSD setting, it says something went wrong with the playback when I try to play a DSD title - changing it back to convert to PCM gives the same result (then, of course, it starts to crash). Is it possible my iPhone 8 Plus v15.6.1 just isn’t up to the task?

@benjamin did you see my reply from yesterday (sorry for the delayed reply)? Thanks!

Hi @Gino_Vacca1,

Before anything else, please provide more information on your system setup.

With that, we’ll need a set of mobile logs to further investigate this issue. Please recreate the crash a few times, then use the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.