ARC: Support External Storage (eg SD and Micro SD Cards)

I have Samsung S20 and I have 1 TB SD Card attached to it. I would love to be able to download my Roon music to the SD card instead of the internal storage.

1 Like

Hi Rubi,

I have a ton of music already on my phone like you. I have been requesting for awhile that ARC both

1. allow for storage on an existing card instead of internal storage (and)
  2. Scan and add music already on the existing card instead of having to redownload it all.

In addition, if ARC is ever reset or uninstalled, all the downloaded music goes with it, necessitating a re-download.

3 Likes

Same here.

2 Likes

You need to click the vote button to make it count

I have my library on both a usb drive and an sd card. I would like to be able to plug one of these devices into my Idevice or android device and have roon arc see the music that is on them. Is this possible?

1 Like

Not yet but you can add your feedback and click the blue vote button here on the feature suggestion:

2 Likes

I use USB Audio Pro , it’s very good for navigating

1 Like

arc allows offline access by downloading your own music files to your mobile devices. so far, arc only allows the storage to the internal storage of mobile devices. as some devices allow use of additional sd card, can arc allow user to choose to store download into sd card as an option like youtube and netflix do. thanks.

1 Like

I’ve moved this to the feature suggestion area. If you look the same suggestion already exists

1 Like

And I’ve merged it into that existing topic.

2 Likes

No news are bad news.
I am preparing for a trip and thought I dump a lot of my music into the external card of my M11S, but alas… no way.
Very disappointing

How is this not a feature yet?

1 Like

I want to say that it is not just on a Card. I want ARC to support using music stored on the phones internal storage that is shared. It does not do this.