ARC two tiers of conversions when it should be one

If I was playing an album via Roon Remote I would get one sample rate and bit depth conversion on my phone in my signal path to my BT headset. With ARC I am getting two separate conversions one on core to opus one on device to 44.1 for my BT headset. ARC knows I am going to BT why can’t it instruct the core to encode to 44.1 instead of 48 and save a step and cpu cycles on my phone?

1 Like

Because if you plug in a DAC you might want to play 96 or 192.

You missed the point completely and not read my post.

looks like my screen grabs where wrong lol. Updated those and made it more clear as to what I mean.

1 Like

What are your playback / bandwidth settings? It should respect those, and I suspect that’s why you’re getting opus.

I don’t have consistent bandwidth or unlimited data for cellular so don’t use original. it’s not the opus I am concerned with it’s just why not do it in one go on the core. It has the information to tell the core to do it. I am sure it will use less bandwidth too.

It really is a fairly simple thing: it just respects the settings you entered, regardless of what your output device is. I suppose it could be smarter than that, sounds like a nice feature request.