ARC unable to securely access Roon Core - ORBI RBR750 with Satellites

Roon Core Machine

Apple M1 MacBook Air (M1, 2020), 8 GB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Fiber Internet → ATT Branded Modem Model 5268AC FXN → Orbi RBR750 Router → Orbi Satellite → MacBook Air (Roon Core). Although the Orbi’s create a mesh Wifi network, all connections from modem through router to satellite to MacBook Air are wired. MacBook Air IP address has been set as static, TCP port forwarding is set for that IP address with port 55000.

Connected Audio Devices

Orbi Satellite ->(ethernet)-> Rasberry Pi ->USB->Bifrost 2

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I upgraded to Roon Core 2 (confirmed). I tested the ARC access to Roon Core and was unsuccessful. I didn’t see any mention on multiple NAT’s in the error message so I configured the Roon Core with a static IP address and set up TCP port forwarding per the manual. Here is the error message I get:

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“45.30.78.56”,“router_external_ip”:null},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“10.0.0.1”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“<s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/\” s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/\“><s:Body><s:Fault>s:ClientUPnPError<UPnPError xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:control-1-0">501ActionFailed</s:Fault></s:Body></s:Envelope>”}
}

I’m not a network expert.

I have EXACTLY the same error after doing all that was asked in the “help” info. So far, I have not see one reply from ROON re this ARC calamity. At least ROON 2.0 is working… So much for the big reveal.

1 Like

Similar issue here

I think I figured it out. I had set up port forwarding on the Orbi 750 Router using the Roon Core IP address and port 55000. I removed that from the Orbi, and then set it up on the AT&T modem instead. On the AT&T modem the port forwarding setting is the IP address of the Orbi Router and not the IP address of my Roon Core.

Then when I tested the Roon Arc setup in Settings, it said “Your Roon Core was automatically configured and has been confirmed to be securely accessible by Roon Arc.” Yeah!

Apparently allowing incoming traffic on port 55000 to pass through the AT&T modem to the ip addresss of the Orbi Router was enough for Roon Core to be able to automatically configure the ARC. I still have the Roon Core ip set up as a static address - no plans to change that and possibly mess this up. I’m not a gamer, so this port forwarding stuff is a new and unwelcome education. Next step is to download the ARC app and try this from outside my home network.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.