ARC USB Issues on Android (Signal Path)

My phone does prompt me to select Arc for use with USB, but only allows me to select Once and not Always, which shouldn’t be a problem I guess? I dont see usb under signal path though, I see AA

Same on Fairphone 4 running Android 11.
On Amazone Fire (10 plus) tablet both options are available.

Hi @kevin_wynne1 and @ToneDeaf,

Thank you for the report and I’m sorry you’re experiencing some kinks with USB playback. The team will investigate your reports and circle back here as soon as we have an update. Would you mind submitting a screenshot of the signal path that you see in ARC?

We’ll keep an eye out for your post.

Hello Connor, my comment referred to only getting the ‘Select Once’ option on attaching my dac - not the signal path - I do get native sample rate and resolution when attaching a Chord Mojo via USB.

But here are screenshots when attaching it to a) Fairphone 4, and b) Amazon Fire 10+ tablet, using same usb cable. I include ARC signal path for completeness, as you asked.

Tested with 96/24 Qobuz source. In both cases relevant light on Mojo confirms 96kHz received.

a. Attaching to Fairphone 4:

(‘Always’ option stays grayed out, can’t be selected)

signal path:

b. Attaching to Fire 10+

Two popups:

And on selecting OK on top popup, both ‘Select once’ and ‘Always’ options are available and can be selected in 2nd popup:

signal path:

Hopefully of some use.

ps…Still getting pop/click over speaker when USB playback starts or on bitrate changes, but I think this is consistent with status of related ticket(s)

Hi Conor, I actually stumbled across the fix when I read back on this thread earlier and noticed that a poster pointed out you had to select “Enable USB driver”. Schoolboy error on my part!!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.