ARC with Asustek GT-AX11000 router not working

I have tried rebooting everything. Upnp is enabled, I have manually enabled a port. If you have this router and get ARC working, I’d appreciate any tips. Thanks.

Please complete the following support template, so you can receive assistance.

Roon Core Machine

<!-- Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM) -‐>
<!-- Write below this line -‐>

Networking Gear & Setup Details

<!-- Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet, are you using YPN -‐>

Connected Audio Devices

<!-- Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.) -‐>

Number of Tracks in Library

<!-- Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks” -‐>

Description of Issue

<!-- Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated! -‐>

Roon Core Machine

Processor 11th Gen Intel(R) Core™ i7-11700K @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz

Installed RAM 64.0 GB (63.8 GB usable)

System type Windows 11 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Modem: Calix GigPoint 803G

Router: Asustek ROG GT-AX11000

Switches: Netgear Gigabit

Wired Networking

No VPN

Connected Audio Devices

All bridges are wired ethernet

Number of Tracks in Library

61,000 tracks

Description of Issue

{

“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},

“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“192.34.xxx.xx”,“router_external_ip”:null},

“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},

“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.50.1”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“doaction request return statuscode: ConnectFailure”}

}

Hey @John_Powell,

Thanks for taking the time to write in, and my apologies for the delay in follow up. After taking a look at the error code you’ve provided, there might be a few things at play.

• Multiple NAT situations with multiple routers that need to be port forwarded
    Are your switches all unmanaged? Can you confirm that your modem has been set to bridge mode, with your router having the proper port forwarding rules set (and properly matching port numbers from Roon and your router)?

You can read more info on the subject here :

If you can’t figure out how to put it into bridge mode let us know the modem model/manufacturer. You may need to give your ISP a call to request or confirm you are running a static IP.

I will be monitoring this thread for your reply :+1:

1 Like

I finally got my ISP to assign a static ip. The problem is resolved.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.