Arcam SA30 Roon Ready Certified and support [it is Roon Ready now]

Can someone from Roon clarify if my Arcam SA30 which was sold to me as Roon Ready and Dirac capable will be affected by the change on the 21st? I am currently on holiday and will not be able to check the colour of the banner till I get home. I did receive the email which is very worrying to me and I have emailed Arcam support to get their take on this. TBH if no support is forthcoming I will be looking to the return the amp ( which is their flagship 2 channel model) as it wont do what it promised.

Hi used this is an example and on the roon partner page the SA30 is not listed, therefore - in theory - not roon ready. I’ve checked with roon in another thread and they’ve said the partner page is gospel so if it’s no there it’s not supported.

Of course this appears to be an ever evolving situation…

Their website quotes uPNP and “Roon End Point” whatever that means …

A Roon Endpoint is NOT equivalent to being Roon Ready. Frankly, if the website is not even saying “Roon Tested” - which means that it has at least been tested by Roon Labs themselves, then I think we’re in “suck it and see” territory. Frankly, I would not give my money for such a product.

1 Like

The Roon endpoint statement is a recent addition by Arcam to the main description. When I bought the amp it clearly stated Roon Ready. This is very worrying to me as I shelled out £2500 for amp and life membership. I’ve had the amp 8 months as I was an early adopter (first unit sold in the UK) and it’s not been without it’s own software issues but this will be the final straw for me if this is not fixed before the 21st and I will be looking for a full refund on return of the unit.

1 Like

This is what the original advert said -

I’ve just looked in the manual for the SA30 - and there is no reference to Roon whatsoever. The only reference for the ethernet port is in connection with “home automation software”.

Edit: sorry, two references for the ethernet port, the other being:

In order to use the network audio capability of the
SA30 please refer to “Connecting to a Network” on page
EN-14 to allow you to use AirPlay, Chromecast built-in or
playback from a NAS drive using the Arcam Music Life
app.

Nothing about Roon…

I sympathize, sounds like a mess, don’t Disable it until the mess dies down !

I am luckily not involved , RPi and Roipeee which is ok

1 Like

yah… it really is… this mess keeps getting worse too… after sept 21, the bad actors in this space wont be able to create any more of a mess.

1 Like

Now it’s clear what you are doing I agree wholeheartedly, there are too many “bad actors” out there

Keep Well

2 Likes

I am in exactly the same position as you. I have emailed Arcam for a response. I bought mine and an Nucleus + abs lifetime subscription purely on the advertised comparability.

1 Like

That only goes to show how many sales of these companies are being driven by their fraudulent advertising of their equipment as ‘Roon Ready’ when it is not and they full well know that it is not.

I am sure that Roon will come up with a solution for users like you and many others affected by this. Just let’s wait and see…

1 Like

I had a reply form Arcam who said:

A vendor violated their agreement with Roon by selling an uncertified unit.
The vendor misrepresented the unit’s capability to drive sales.
In seven months the vendor never bothered to inquire about the status of product they’ve been selling for a while?
Their credibility ain’t so great…
I’m curious @lawrence_Baker, when did you buy your unit? Was it before they sent the unit in to be tested, or after.
Regardless, sorry something that should be enjoyable (music and new kit) is now not so pleasant.

I bought mine in April this year and if my memory serves me right, arcam was advertising as ‘Roon Ready’.

in the main text on link- advertised as ‘Roon Ready’

I remember seeing at advertised as Roon Ready at first then the last time I looked it has become Roon Endpoint. Also all reviews and previews reiterated it worked with Roon.

It says its Roon Ready on the display.

I’m not happy with Arcam at all. I’ll wait to see what answer I get and consider my options then.

Chasing Arcam to certify its SA30 model, the following reply was received:

Hopefully, this will mean SA30 users can avoid issues if Roon follow up its certification in regard to this endpoint.

2 Likes

Hoping to see a response from Roon on this one!