Arcam ST60 Roon Ready Not certified [resolved: it is now]

The ARCAM ST60 Streamer works with Roon via Airplay. That’s the way most of us use it with Roon. Roon Ready Certification is in process right now but there is no ETA yet. You can ask ARCAM about an update but I would say, good luck getting an ETA from ARCAM or Roon regarding the Roon Ready Certification status, though.

Thanks. I think Airplay is an Apple product. I use Android.

Airplay works on Android too.
I have option to use my Lumin T2 over airplay show up on my Android phone…not that I would but I could.

Or you use Chromecast as I do since December :grinning:

That is correct. The ST60 streams via Chromecast, however it does not show album artwork.

Any new about Arcam ST60?
I’m very disappointed with Arcam.

Got this today

Add images

1 Like

I know that sooner or later it will happen but before September I don’t think it will happen.

Would be fun still owning it when it’s finished :joy:

To be honest, I still enjoy my ST60 via Airplay and Roon. It sounds great even via Airplay. Can’t wait for it to get certified and stream via Roon RAAT instead.

1 Like

Why is this certification taking so long? The New Bluesound Node and Power Node are not even released yet and they are already showing as Roon Ready in Roon Website.

2 posts were split to a new topic: My Arcam ST60 has died…

Some certifications are super fast, some are super slow. It depends on so many factors… here are some reasons:

• different teams have different resources. The manufacturer may have put more resources or priority on this, or they may have resources better suited for this type of effort, or they may have resources with history on this work.
  • different products have different histories, platforms, etc… some devices may be built on platforms that are easier to make “Roon Ready”, or the designers made decisions during development to make it less time-consuming, or they based these products on platforms they can reuse.
  • the devices could have started development long ago, but you are just now hearing about it
  • unforeseen issues could have arisen due to the quality requirements of Roon Ready, and the team was unprepared to deal with them
  • the manufacturer deprioritized the work or something else jumped to the forefront of their attention
  • … and many more reasons…

As for the Arcam, I can’t say what’s taking so long, because I don’t know which of the above (or other) reasons apply to the ST60.

The Arcam issues are nothing compared to Primare. 18 months and waiting for my Pre35 to be Roon Ready.

Nearly three years and no Hegel support yet.

Looks like it’s finally across the line. ST60 listed as Roon Ready!!!

This is great news ! I wonder when we can expect an upgrade from Arcam for ST60?

It may not need an update, I expect it should now just work to be honest. My AV40 just worked even on the old FW even though there was new FW. I no longer have my ST60 to try, gave up on it 3-4 months ago…

It really works !!! now it needs an update for show artworks on screen and bitrate frecuency.

Wow, all is working now without an update. And also the display shows all the informations!
Great work, thanks Roon and Arcam!