Archimago speaks of snake oils, etc

Agreed, people can spend their money however they want, obviously. It’s when proselytizing, mostly by reviewers and of course manufacturers, occurs that I take exception.

If from a listening perspective we can prove there is a difference using blind ABX tests, then we should set out to understand what is causing the difference (define the measurement methodology around the system rather than individual components). I don’t have the means to have two identical systems hooked up at the same time, one with OEM gear, and the other all those fancy cables, power conditioning, decrapifiers, etc. that we read about.

You must be new to the audiophile world since the above quote is akin to blasphemy and ABX tests are strictly prohibited. When one has perfect hearing (aka golden ears) and perfect aural memory then ABX tests are never needed. :rofl:

3 Likes

I have been accused of blasphemy more than once, so why should this be any different? :smiling_imp:

“Believe nothing you hear, and only one half that you see.”

― Edgar Allan Poe

Words to live by.

1 Like

Hi Patrick,

I think this sort of stuff really puts newcomers off…

‘… I’m setting up a Sparky Network Streamer with Dietpi & Roon Bridge connected to Ian Canadas McFifo & Mc DualXO isolator & reclocker Boards and then to a HDMI LVDS Module to output I2S to my PS Audio Junior DAC…’ :confused:

1 Like

:joy:
Apparently not as newbies asked me to build them some.

1 Like

Expectations most probably will change what you hear. Don’t underestimate the power of suggestion…