Are 2 Roon Cores in 1 network possible

Are 2 Roon-Cores or more in a network possible (as example 1 Trigon Exxceed audio server as core and a Windows PC as Roon remote)?

You can have different Roon Servers in your network.
More specifically to your question,
All Roon Remotes MUST belong to the same network as the Roon server.
Dirk

can one or more Windows PC also serve the Roon-server Trigon Exxceed audio server and serve as output? unfortunately I always have to translate via Google translator first.

Hi Henry

Do you mean that you want to use a Windows PC (in stead of an iPad) to control your Trigon Audio Server?
Dirk
P.S. What is your native language?

yes, I would also like to be able to operate the Trigon Exxceed audio server over 1 or more PCs in the same network as controlling and outputting audio. My native language is German, unfortunately I’ve ever had a stupid comment.

I am mainly interested in the licensing issue. I do not want to have to buy another license.

You will need to make a clear distinction between controlling your Trigon Exxceed, Roon based, audio server, and outputting audio.

1. Every Windows PC (or Mac) can be used as Roon Remote to tell the server what music to play and so on, so to really control from ‘a distance’ your server. You can use e.g. a laptop that is connected via wifi to the network, so that you can carry it around the house.
    You do not need any separate license for that. You can have more than twenty remotes if you want.

2. Outputting Audio
    You can use the same PC also to play music, so as an audio output.
    also configure the same Remote Control PC (as an audio output)

In the following picture, you will see that my Lenoco laptop is connected to my Streamer 2.16 (in your case this would be the Trigon EXxceed Server)

At the left of the screen you will see the tab ‘Audio’ (see arrow on the picture above)
You click on this tab and the following screen is shown:

You will see “Connected to This PC” System Output ( in your case of course in German, but I am sure you will recognize this very easily).

Here we can configure the audio output of your PC (your PC speakers) as audio output for your Roon Server.
So you click one the ‘Enable’ box right from System Output

The result is the following screen, telling you that the Zone name for System Output did not get a name yet (unnamed)

You type in a new name of your choice, I used Lenovo Laptop as my choice, and you click on the configuration wheels at the right of the name field.

You will see a pop-up menu, saying ‘Device setup’ and ‘disable’. You click on Device Setup.
You will receive the Device Setup screen.

For this initial setup, you can accept the proposed default values, and you click Save at the bottom of the screen.
You will return to the Settings screen and you will see that your System Output is now called ‘Lenovo Laptop’ (in your case the name that you have entered).

Now you click outside the Setup box to see the Album (or another Roon main) page

Now we are going to tell the Roon Server that we will use this new audio output , in Roon this is called a ‘zone’. So what we will to is tell Roon to switch to the new zone.
In my case, My Roon server is playing to my HQplayer zone, and I will tell Roon to switch to the new zone called ‘Lenovo Laptop’. Therefore you click on the zone name at the bottom right of the screen.
Therefore you click on the zone name at the bottom right of the screen.

You will the see the configured zones (I have now 3 different zones). You click on the Zone 'Lenovo Laptop.

At the bottom right you will see that the zone is now switched to Lenovo Laptop, i.e. the audio output (speakers) of my PC, and I can start playing music on this Control PC.

That is it. I hope it is more or less clear to you.
Dirk

P.S. If you really want you can connect this control PC to an external DAC via e.g. USB, but in any case, the best way to start testing and configuring, it is best to start with basis setup as described above.

1 Like

I think you used the same picture 3 times.

1 Like

Thanks for the illustrated description and the answer to the question about the license which is not necessary. This illustrated explanation would be well waived under FAQ. Nevertheless, I still have a question if man 2 servers / cores can operate in the same network?

Yes you definitely can. No worries.
They both need the have another name & ip-address, that’s it.
Dirk

Hi Daniel

Thanks for the warning.
Too much in a hurry I suppose.:upside_down_face:
Corrected now
Dirk

1 Like

I just did not want to burden a working windows with a licensed version additionally which I would delete then again. the last question because of the core / server was whether it would make sense to buy a nucleus at roon then an intel i5 or i7 instead of an intel j4105 (Trigon Exxceed audio server) has and thus not to dropouts in the distribution of data when multiple terminals access the server in the network. I can do a little school English but to spend hours looking for something in English and to understand with translation program is extremely tedious.

The big difference between a Nucleus and a Trigon Excceed Audio Server, is the following.

The Trigo Excceed server ha a built-in DAC and can be (only) connected to an amplifier.
You can find a ‘test’ in German at https://www.hifitest.de/test/musikserver/trigon-exxceed_audio_server_17559
Or you download the ‘Bedieningsanleitung’ (user manual) in German at http://www.trigon-audio.de/fileadmin/pdf/bedienungsanleitungen/Bedienungsanleitung-Exxceed_Server.pdf

The Nucleus is ONLY a Server, you will need a separate DAC or a audio device, such as a pre-amplifier or Roon endpoint with a DAC built in.
A list of Roon partners, delivering such audio equipment to be used with Nucleus, can be found here:
https://roonlabs.com/partners.html
Dirk

I own a Trigon Exxceed audio server that works very well, but when I pair 2 Elac DS-A 101 G it sometimes happens that I skip to the next title skip the trine in the current title to the next title and capture several titles in a row. Sometimes the playback stops completely.t

Have you contacted Trigon Audio about this? As it is a german company, they should be able to support you.
Dirk

I have already communicated with trigon. That’s why I asked the question for a second server with higher processor performance, whether it is possible in the network or not really brings more.

To have more than one server in the same network is possible. But keep in mind that

• you can’t use them in parallel when you have only one license.
  • even if you have more than one license, you can only control one server at a time with a given control device.
  • you can’t stream from more than one server to a given output device at the same time.

This can be a server problem, but most likely is a network related issue IMHO.

thanks for the answer (I would buy the second server with license), but also the technical point of view was asked if it makes sense to use a roon nucleus with

if I use several endpoints individually with a stream this malfunction has not yet occurred.