Are There Any Instructions for Setting Up Roon? Core? Bridge? Remote? Tablet-Phone Core Control?

Roon Core Machine

Device name MasterPC
Processor Intel(R) Core™ i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz 3.50 GHz
Installed RAM 32.0 GB
Device ID 34700B0B-A370-4F24-907F-F639AAE66116
Product ID 00326-10000-00000-AA125
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Verizon MI424WR Router
Netgear GS116 Gigabit Network Switch
Netgear Orbi WiFi
Computer with Roon connected via Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

None as yet other than an Audioquest Dragon USB at the computer

Number of Tracks in Library

89,148 Tracks on 9795 Albums/ 2039 Artists

Description of Issue

While I can play music from the computer I have no control other than at the computer
When I enable a device such as a Nvidia Andriod box I have on my music system there is no acknowledgement in the player that it is a Roon player. Same for AppleTV

Start here for more info.

3 Likes

John, I’m more familiar with AirPlay devices, so let me start with your AppleTV. Under Settings->Audio in the Roon Core application, are you able to Enable the AppleTV as an AirPlay device similar to what you see here for my Airpod Mini?

You should then be able to use your mouse to select the speaker icon at the bottom right of the screen and select all the Enabled speaker or streamer options you have, similar to this:

Does this help?

1 Like

Robert, Thank you for the assistance

I have typically gotten this far but on the device side I can’t seem to find Roon or how to control the music files

I read of users having their phone or tablet control what they want to listen to.

The PC looks fine and up to the job

You need 3 things , the Core , The End Point Player and a Control Device.

Have you enabled the players ?

goto Settings>Audio Choose the player and press Enable

What are you planning to use to control Roon , a Phone or Tablet ?

Have you installed Roon Remote on your Phone/Tablet , its part of the Roon system and a free download for iOS and Android (you are not specifying which OS you plan) for eg I use an iPad Mini and an iPad 12.9 Pro and an Android phone

Depending on whether its a phone or an iPad/tablet you will see the same screens as the main PC screens (Phones are often truncated due to screen space)

1 Like

No, you won’t see that there. Instead, you use a Roon app on a phone or iPad (or indeed on your computer, as you know) to select music to play on any endpoint that you also select from the Roon app. The selection for the player is down at the bottom of the app, lower right, as Robert pointed out. First select a player, then go back to the main listing, the Roon home screen, and select music to play on it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.