Are you ever surprised by the number of albums you have by any given artist?

Uncharacteristically i was doing a little library cleaning up today and realised I have accumulated eleven Bob Dylan albums in my library (most of them my own).
I hardly ever choose to listen to Bob Dylan so was a bit taken aback!

It does happenšŸ˜Ž

I donā€™t actually have these albums but I wanted to listen to Oscar Peterson ā€¦ 871 albums. Whaaat ? Where do I even start ? Probably all re-editions of re-masters of deluxe editions.

How did you get that, I only find 174, I used Search, Oscar Peterson, selected Artist and scrolled down to the albums, I have both Tidal and Qobuz, whereā€™s all my albums :slight_smile:

I have 32 albums of Bob Dylan - owing 23 of them.

I do listen to Bob on a regular basis :wink:

Dirk

1 Like

Iā€™ve got lots of albums by some artists but was surprised by how many of Bob. Were you surprised by any of those numbers?

1 Like

Weird. I did the exact same thing as you. The second album that shows for me is already missing in your list. Maybe itā€™s a regional thing ?

I have 33 Beatles albums (not counting versions of the same album), which is WAY TOO MANY. Thatā€™s the problem when a friend is a beatles fiend and says, ā€œhereā€™s some Beatles albums I rippedā€ and hands you a drive.

What would be really interesting is the percentage of an artistā€™s catalog that you own. For example I have mere 16 Van Morrison albums of the roughly 76 million albums heā€™s put out.

Sheldon

Though of course you then bought said albums so as to be legalā€¦

2 Likes

Bit surprised I have twenty Rush albums ā€¦ thought I had more! :laughing:

1 Like

45 Dylan albums here, but that includes albums such as Rolling Thunder review (10 discs) as 1 album. So, I likely have plenty more!

Iā€™m not listening to much Bob lately, but my sonā€™s middle name ā€˜Dylanā€™ is named after him, so heā€™s clearly an influential artist in my life.

:smiley:

The Keith Jarrett - guess Iā€™ve gotten a little carried away. Thatā€™s my library, not counting any streaming favorites.

Bill Nelson (Be-bop-deluxe) - 77 albums, all owned, and heā€™s still pumping them out. Thereā€™s lots i havenā€™t bought, yet!

1 Like

Fifty-two (52) Art Pepper albums with Sonny Rollins a distant second at 25. Not surprised at all, as Iā€™ve never found an Art Pepper album that I didnā€™t like.

232 Grateful Dead albums. It does get a bit difficult to locate a particular one by album cover sometimesā€¦

1 Like

Fred Deakin (aka half of Lemon Jelly) is at the top of my list, but only 13 of the 101 are actual albums - the rest are mostly EPs, mixtapes and singles.

Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 20.41.04

I thought I had replied to this some time ago but obviously not.

A few months back I organized my library by artists just to see and was shocked at the top three, by the amount and who they were.
Not sure what this says about me thoughā€¦.lol

26 albums by Megadeth.
25 albums by Metallica.
25 albums by Motorhead.

Maybe I got stuck at the letter M?
:grimacing:

2 Likes

I have 27 Barbra Streisand CDs. I was unpacking my CDs after a move and noticed how many I had gotten up to. I pick one up here and there to replace my LPs but didnā€™t realize I had replaced that many!

2 Likes

Just had a quick look at my collection. Apparently I have:

23 albums by Steve Hackett
22 albums by Genesis
19 albums by David Bowie

Who knew :man_shrugging:.

3 Likes