Are you ever surprised by the number of albums you have by any given artist?

Uncharacteristically i was doing a little library cleaning up today and realised I have accumulated eleven Bob Dylan albums in my library (most of them my own).
I hardly ever choose to listen to Bob Dylan so was a bit taken aback!

It does happen😎

I don’t actually have these albums but I wanted to listen to Oscar Peterson … 871 albums. Whaaat ? Where do I even start ? Probably all re-editions of re-masters of deluxe editions.

How did you get that, I only find 174, I used Search, Oscar Peterson, selected Artist and scrolled down to the albums, I have both Tidal and Qobuz, where’s all my albums :slight_smile:

I have 32 albums of Bob Dylan - owing 23 of them.

I do listen to Bob on a regular basis :wink:

Dirk

1 Like

I’ve got lots of albums by some artists but was surprised by how many of Bob. Were you surprised by any of those numbers?

1 Like

Weird. I did the exact same thing as you. The second album that shows for me is already missing in your list. Maybe it’s a regional thing ?

I have 33 Beatles albums (not counting versions of the same album), which is WAY TOO MANY. That’s the problem when a friend is a beatles fiend and says, “here’s some Beatles albums I ripped” and hands you a drive.

What would be really interesting is the percentage of an artist’s catalog that you own. For example I have mere 16 Van Morrison albums of the roughly 76 million albums he’s put out.

Sheldon

Though of course you then bought said albums so as to be legal…

1 Like

Bit surprised I have twenty Rush albums … thought I had more! :laughing:

1 Like

45 Dylan albums here, but that includes albums such as Rolling Thunder review (10 discs) as 1 album. So, I likely have plenty more!

I’m not listening to much Bob lately, but my son’s middle name ‘Dylan’ is named after him, so he’s clearly an influential artist in my life.

:smiley:

The Keith Jarrett - guess I’ve gotten a little carried away. That’s my library, not counting any streaming favorites.

Bill Nelson (Be-bop-deluxe) - 77 albums, all owned, and he’s still pumping them out. There’s lots i haven’t bought, yet!

1 Like

Fifty-two (52) Art Pepper albums with Sonny Rollins a distant second at 25. Not surprised at all, as I’ve never found an Art Pepper album that I didn’t like.

232 Grateful Dead albums. It does get a bit difficult to locate a particular one by album cover sometimes…

1 Like

Fred Deakin (aka half of Lemon Jelly) is at the top of my list, but only 13 of the 101 are actual albums - the rest are mostly EPs, mixtapes and singles.

Screen Shot 2020-09-21 at 20.41.04