Are you satisfied with Qobuz?

They are down to one Anne Bisson album now and it is one I already ripped to my library. They just have so many holes in their catalog.

I have been using Qobuz non stop since it first opened shop here in the USA.
And a couple months too prior to official start date as a beta tester.

Dropped Tidal like the hot potato it is.

Very happy customer here.

6 Likes

Yes had it since it was added to Roon. Some missing content but that just prompts me to buy more which is a good thing for the artists concerned.

2 Likes

I am still a happy Sublime+ subscriber after two years. I will renew for a third year in November without hesitation.

I also subscribe to Apple Music for the family plan and use it on the rare occasion, but my family uses it constantly and have no interest in Qobuz or Roon. That is my own happy hobby combo. :heart:

1 Like

Same here. Happy Sublime subscriber. And they just dropped the price to $179.99!

Wow, Canadian(?) money is discounted that much against American? Doesn’t seem right.

Sounds close, I was offered ( and accepted) a year for $149.95 if paid in full up front so it’s close.

Now seems it has dropped to $129.95 … I should have waited :laughing::rofl:

I’m in the US.

Ah OK, forgot there was a level above Premier.

I have been using Qobuz for about 4 months. I really like it and I have eclectic music tastes from Hard Rock to Jazz to Classical and lots in between. Qobuz just announced a price reduction.

2 Likes

In UK they are offering the chance to pay for a year from 1 September at the new rate and get a pro rata refund i.e. tap into £129.99 immediately.

Be nice if they did that here too, think I changed to the $149 for the year in late May.
We will see…

If it cheers you up at all, at current exchange rates, you are already paying far less than me.

1 Like

Oh I am not complaining,I left the UK for a couple reasons…lol

I’ve been trying again Qobuz and although it’s great and convenient, the whole thing is just falling apart when after using it for 2 days, I found 2 albums where only 1 or 2 tracks were available, out of 20.

I understand it’s related to rights or something but frankly, it kills the whole purpose of this type of service. I’m considering going back on Torrent to find the unavailable tracks.

I wonder if I got unlucky or if the unavailable tracks account maybe only for less than 1% of the whole catalogue.

It may be down to your esoteric tastes - what were the albums?

Usually, unavailable tracks are a sign of a pre-release of an album. Otherwise, they are rights issues - often on Soundtrack albums. But the occurrence is vastly less than 1% - at least for the albums that I am interested in…

As Geoff suggests, check the release dates. In my experience over the last few years this has only happened when albums are loaded before release with a couple of sample tracks offered to whet the appetite.

Indeed it’s new, but how long does it take, then?

And this one is not released, they should flag it to avoid frustration:

Yup - that Hardstyle album is not yet “fully” available. If you look at the album in the Qobuz desktop app, you will see that the unavailable tracks are ghosted out and only 30-second samples are available.

Have patience - or alternatively, complain to Qobuz.

Understood, thanks @Geoff_Coupe