Are you satisfied with Qobuz?

I’ve used Qobuz for a while and have an annual subscription. I’ve no complaints. Had to contact CS once and they got back to me quickly. One or two gaps in the catalogue, but you can’t have everything.

I like Qobuz, haven’t had any issues with it. I listen to lots of different genres, so I’m not going there for one specific thing. They seem to have fewer duplicates than Tidal, which might have 8 different versions of a single album. That and Tidal’s MQA goofiness is the main reason I use Qobuz.

I haven’t had any technical issues requiring Qobuz customer service. I find myself preferring Qobuz to Tidal. Partly because I prefer hi res FLAC to MQA but also their catalog and new releases are more in line with my current musical tastes. I’m very satisfied with Qobuz.

2 Likes

I find the customer service of Qobuz quite good as well. I ordered an album through their website and (out of several available versions) I chose one without artwork, which was an error on my part. I asked if I could get the artwork, since it was available with another version of that album. Qobuz CS contacted the label and sent me the artwork, free of charge within a fortnight.

I’ve been using Qobuz for about 6 months now and really like it. There are a few gaps in the catalogue which is mildly irritating - I could fill the gaps with Tidal, but it’s not worth the money for that and I’m not putting my money into a corporate that’s pushing MQA so heavily that it’s actively limiting user choice. I could also fill the gap with Amazon HD, but without Roon integration, I can’t use the convolution and crossfeed filters when using cans, which make up about 70% of my listening time. I know there are other ways to achieve EQ and crossfeed, but most of the ways I’ve looked at it are painful to apply by comparison.

1 Like

I have French ancestry and thought this was hilarious.

Good to see some good sense of humour - clearly your non-French side !! :grin:

On Qobuz: the gaps in Qobuz catalogue (most non-major label releases) that I’ve experienced have been chipped away at nicely, the past 12 months.

I’ve been in contact with one of their catalogue people and they gave me estimates when this and that catalogue was expected to be added and slowly but surely things came to Qobuz.

If the past 12 months is anything to go by (in terms of catalogue gaps closing) then I expect by end of this year I probably won’t notice a difference between Tidal and Qobuz catalogues.

They’re doing a good job in my experience.

4 Likes

I love it. The sound is great. And I like the fact that digital booklets are available for many if not most albums. Streaming is great but I also like to be able to buy the occasional album as some albums can become unavailable and if you’ve bought it you have it forever. I haven’t had much reason to contact customer support but the one time I did they were fine. I think the original Qobuz went bust but it was taken over and the new people are fine. Works just great with Roon.

1 Like

The main problem I have with Qobuz Vs tidal is the flood of out if copyright albums. Qobuz doesn’t filter them out as well as Tidal.

1 Like

If you’re talking about the bootlegs, it isn’t that they don’t filter them out, it’s that they consider that they aren’t a problem (because they pay the distributors).

Agree with all you say. Qobuz every time over Tidal. I started with Tidal, switched to Qobuz three years ago, won’t go back.

1 Like

I can’t remember the last time I had an outage with Qobuz.

I moved from Tidal to Qobuz a year ago, mainly for the PDFs and the lack of MQA, and have had no regrets at all.

1 Like

I think this may be more of a problem for you in Europe than it is for us in the US. Doesn’t help you, of course, but it might matter to someone over here.

Thanks everyone for your comments. I just installed it and I will try 30 days. The second track I wanted to play was unavailable though. :man_facepalming:

It was Lissie - Nothing Else Matters, it is a great cover I think.

It is there on Covered up with Flowers CD quality only.

I am also a Qobuz fan after a year or so. Qobuz has received a massive vote of confidence in this post. I wonder whether there is a Qobuz community where Roon gets similar rave reviews?

I certainly feel Qobuz is worth the price. My impression is that it has more classical albums in Hi-Res. Sure, it is missing some albums in Tidal but you can always purchase those albums from Tidal as downloads. This is cheaper than paying for a Tidal subscription and buying Hi-Res downloads from Qobuz.

A lot of music I want is not on any streaming platform anyway. I still buy CDs from Amazon and Vinyl records from eBay.

Qobuz sometimes feels slow sluggish though. This is my biggest complaint. I doubt it has to do with my network connection as I can stream 4K HDR from Netflix without problem.

No problems with Qobuz.i have used them for years.

I am deeply distrustful of (dis)Trustpilot though.

Provided your Mum is comfortable with online/tech stuff she should enjoy it.

What i most like about Qobuz, they don’t smash you with the Rapper stuff.

3 Likes

I’m using Qobuz sublime+ for a year now. I’m very happy with it. Works seamless. I have 2 albums I miss on Qobuz compared to Tidal. But that is a minor problem.

Vive la France!

4 Likes

I am another very satisfied customer. I left Tidal when Qobuz became available in the US. I never looked back.

Hi Peter, a quick question - I know that sublime+ offers a discount on hi-res purchases. Does it also offer a discount where CD quality is the only format available? Despite everything being available in streaming format, I still like to download some of my favourite material just in case it disappears from the streaming platform…