Using Cloudfare’s 1.1.1.1 DNS

Connected Audio Devices

iPhone 8 running Roon remote
Dell XPS 13 Laptop running Roon remote

Number of Tracks in Library

11,000 tracks
Tidal subscription

Description of Issue

No art displays through the Roon remote on my iPhone or laptop, whether from Tidal or my library. I checked an album that’s in my library, and Roon detects images, but doesn’t show them. See below for one example:

Hi Jason, If you have recently updated Roon it is possible that the image cache is still updating and can take a few hours to complete.

HOWEVER, if “Version 1.0 (build 227) stable” if referring to your current Roon Core then it’s way out of date, the current version is 1.8 Build 884 (stable) and therefore an urgent update of core and endpoints is required. You should also make a backup prior to updating to be safe.

Thanks, Paul–I have updated in recent days, but nothing today. And I’d think the Tidal art would show regardless.

In any event, I should have clarified; the OS on the Roon Core is Version 1.0 (build 227). The Server Software is Version 1.8 (build 884) stable. I’ll check to make sure my OS is up to date…

I’m pretty sure everything should be at 1.8, including core & clients.
Go to settings about and check for software versions/update option….

“Moggieland” is my core machine…

I think RoonOS is still at v1 (build 227).

edit: Sorry, had trouble tracking this down, but see latest build here.

Hi Jason that clears things up here, it’s still worth checking that your clients are all up to date by following my last post. If any update on a specific devices are required there should be an update link.

Do pictures show on your laptop if you temporarily disable the firewall (and antivirus, other software that might interfere with the network connection) as a test?

It’s now working on my laptop and iphone. I’ll post what I did in case it’s helpful, but I’m not sure what the cause was:

• I noticed my devices were not receiving ipv6 addresses. I reset my modem to its default settings and then was able to get an ipv6 address on my iphone. After that, pictures appeared on Roon.
  • I still am not getting an ipv6 address on my laptop. But just before shutting down the firewall like you recommended, I checked, and Roon was displaying pictures again. (Suggesting maybe resetting the modem did the trick?) In any event, I shut off the firewall etc. and everything was still working. Then I turned the firewall back on, and it still seems to be working properly.

I’ll post again if the problem recurs, but glad it’s working for now!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.