Roon Core Machine

Roon Nucleus

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Wifi and cell signal

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Hello,
I’ve noticed that occasionally when looking for a particular artist in Roon or Arc that it will be unavailable.

But if I check Qobuz directly, some of the tracks from that artist are available.

Is there a lag, delay, or syncing issue between Qobuz and Roon?

Why are they different?

Thanks!

An artist does not get included into your Roon Library until you have added at least one track from Qobuz into your library.

Are they new releases?

Why aren’t the latest albums on Qobuz available in Roon?

When you’re browsing Qobuz in Roon, you’re seeing Roon’s Qobuz database, not a direct pass-through of what’s shown on Qobuz – that’s why there’s so much more metadata, like recording dates, lyrics, links to composers, credits, etc.

This is also why Roon can sometimes be slightly behind Qobuz when a brand new release comes out – our database is generated daily, but sometimes a new album will just barely miss the cutoff and will show up in a day or two.

When this happens you can add the new release directly in the Qobuz app. It will then appear in your Roon library.

From https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/qobuz

@Suedkiez yeah, this particular artist is called Last Gasp, and the album is called “Mourning Moon”.

@Geoff_Coupe yes aware of this, but my Qobuz is connected to Roon and I’m using search. When I find the artist in Roon, assuming via Qobuz, the tracks come up “unavailable”.

If I check Qobuz directly, some tracks are in fact available.

Final Gasp, I guess :slight_smile: The album is released in the future, September 22. Did you actually try playing the tracks in Qobuz? They might well just be 30 second samples

Edit. Actually in the Qobuz web player for me they are just listed but greyed out and unplayable (“This track is not yet available”)

What is available in Qobuz and in Roon are singles from that album. They are listed in the Singles & EPs section in the band’s Discography tab in Roon

1 Like

Yes! That’s the issue, thank you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.