Artist cover for unidentified albums / artists (and link to Tidal)

This may be a rare issue, but still happens to a few of my artists.

If no album is identified by Roon, the album artist is also not matched with Roon. For example, this happens to the “Cali Swag District”. I have two albums from this artist, but both are not being identified by Roon. So, the albums show up under “Cali Swag District”, but I cannot see the artist photo.

The artist is in the Roon database: Roon Valence

The other issue is that Roon also does not allow me to see other Tidal albums in the discography as it doesn’t create the link to this artist.

I am not sure whether this is a bug or a feature request. I am looking for a way to the link the artist of unidentified albums to the Roon database in order to support artist photos and Tidal linkage.

Thanks!!!

This happens for quite some of my albums/artists. If no album is “identified”, the artist is not linked to anything and I cannot add a photo to Valence.

Hey @steve77,

Thanks for getting in touch with your report, I’d be happy to help.

If you’d like to merge the locally created artist Cali Swag District in your library with Roon’s please follow these steps:

Add an album by Cali Swag District to your library if you haven’t done so already.

Then go to your artists page

Roon’s artist (with band photo) will appear alongside yours (with only initials)

Select both

Click Merge artists (in the top right corner of the Artists page)

Select the Primary artist. When merging artists you’ll want to set Roon’s as the primary artist in order for the metadata assets you’ve mentioned to be available.

For example; if you use the Roon entry as primary, the local music files artist will be merged and metadata from Roon will remain. If you use your local music files artist as primary the rich metadata links to discography, bios, albums reviews, etc will be lost.

You can unmerge artists at any time by going to Setting>Library>Un-merge artist (unmerge button appears at the far right of the page)

These steps can be repeated for any other local library entity that has been created by Roon.

Thanks @jamie for your note.

How do I add an album from Cali Swag District? I have some albums, but none of them gets identified, so cannot add any album

What I could do is to add one of my albums and wrongly match it with another album. Then I could do the “merge”. While this may work, this feels like a less-than-ideal workaround.

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Hey @steve77,

Search for Cali Swag District in Roon and add one of their albums from your streaming service, then use the directions I posted above. :+1:t2:

I’d assume this also works, but requires me to have/keep a streaming service.

This topic was automatically closed after 20 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.