Artist Equivalence Issues

@vladimirkl Thanks for the report. Edit made for Carnage. Up to a week to deploy to your library.

@evand Evan. I’m still trying to figure out what your issue is. Equivalence (in a very specific sense) looks good in our metadata for all three of the artists you’ve mentioned.

German kraut rock band “Atlantis” with Inga Rumpf shows albums from at least three over bands called Atlantis

@AE67 I’ve made an edit for Atlantis. Unfortunately, I’ve had to disassociate the TIDAL artist ID from all of the others, because it bridges multiple bands called Atlantis.

Amy Lee the saxophonist (Inside the Outside, Use Me, Piece o’ my Heart) is mixed up with Amy Lee the former Evanescence vocalist (Recover Vol1, Aftermath, Speak to Me)

I think I should have put this here.

British female singer Harriet is deemed Harriet (a US band)

@andybob Edit made for Amy Lee.
@Chrislayeruk Edit made for David Garrick.
@evand Edit made for Harriet.

@evand The Skid Row problem is, like your other unresolved issues above, almost certainly an attribution problem, not an equivalence one. Will need to dig into this when I have a bit more time.

2 Likes

here is a tough one: Not sure how one corrects this:

I checked out the band Zebra, the guitarist and vocalist is named Randy Jackson. I click on credits on several albums:

When one clicks on the Randy Jackson in the credits list of course it is linked to the other more popular Randy Jackson; the one from American Idol.

Even clicking the Randy Jackson link highlighted in blue in the album/band description beside the album brings us to the wrong Randy Jackson. If I didn’t know the difference I would be confused how a white guy became black, but then maybe someone might think the same looking at early Michael Jackson vs. later releases and wondering how someone went from black to white; I digress…

Hi there,

Niagara is messed up. The metadata is merging 3 very differently sounding bands:

• a collective project in Italy
  • a rock group that which looks like a Whitesnake wannabe
  • Niagara, a french rock band from the 80-90’s

Paqua is also wrong. There is at least one main album which doesn’t belong there: Ao Vivo Praia is an album from another Paqua.

Robbie Williams suffer from a rogue album: Things Are Getting Better from another Robbie Williams which seems to be in the religious thing… quite funny these two got mixed up together!

Hi Scott, this looks like a simple equivalence issue caused by TIDAL grouping the two artists together under the same ID. I’ve made an edit and this should be resolved in a week or so. If not, please get back to me in this thread. Thanks.

2 Likes

Edit made for Niagara. There was a 4th one in there too…

2 Likes

@Joel,

Sol Heilo has just released a solo album (“Skinhorse Playground”). SHe is the same artist as Solveig Heilo from the sadly split-up Norwegian band Katzenjammer.

Thank you.

Edit made for Sol(veig) Heilo.

Many thanks.

I still don’t know how to fix this equivalence? I can remove the primary artist of “The Monks” and add a new one “Monks”. I also did the same with the regular artist field.

All this does is create a empty Monks artist with no details or art and performances are still linked to “The Monks”.

There has to be a better fix for this?

I’ve merged “Art of Noise” and “The Art of Noise” but I can’t seem to get rid of “Art of Noise” from being a performer. It would be great to be able to get rid of these stray performers by linking with existing performers, not sure I can do that.

@joel,

I believe “Quartetto Italiano” and “Italian Quartet” are one and the same ensemble.