Artist Equivalence Issues

The artist description/biography for Inquisition refers to a post-hardcore band that has only one album available on Tidal. The other Inquisition is a black metal band and has seven main albums available. I would like to have the correct description for this black metal band.

A lot of confusion with multiple artists called Michael Davis

Roon has several Michael Davis but not the classical violinist:

I am getting random Michael Davis being associated with LSO albums, like this Jazz trombonist:

On the artist page, this jazz trombonest Michael Davis seems to be mixed up with yet another Michael Davis:

“Savage Rose” is correctly described with Rovi metadata, but “The Savage Rose” is kept separately as another band without description. Merge them.

It seems Roon equates the Scandinavian letter “å” with “a”. They are, in fact, on opposite ends of the alphabet.

In the case of the Norwegian group Gåte, the Roon group meta information shows the entry for New Zealand’s Gate, and that’s quite wrong. Gåte ARE known in allmusic.com so it’s not that no meta information exists - how can I get my Roon database to point to the right information?

5 posts were split to a new topic: Roon treats file tag as wrong Peter Buck

There seems to be something wrong with getting to the bio of Dave Stewart of Eurythmics. Clicking his name in the Eurythmics bio you get to somebody different. Also when looking at Stevie Nicks. Her “ In your dreams” is produced by Dave Stewart. Clicking his name you arrive at the same (wrong) Dave Stewart.

in my eurythmics page the dave stewart link is OK.
on the other hand, the dave stewart artist is associated to some “suspect” albums:

and quite curiously, no eurythmics album is reported (i have 2). it seems that in those 2 albums “dave stewart” is referred only as a composer, and not as a primary artist: QUITE STRANGE.

and making a check, it turns out that this “dave stewart” has been wrongly identified with a trombonist “dave stewart”:

that maybe is the “dave stewart” resulting in your artist page :slight_smile:

@joel: i’ve checked, this error is not in my file tags (“dave stewart” is not tagged). so this comes from roon DB

EDIT: i’ve add file tags credits to one of the albums, with “David Stewart” trombonist. my idea was to delete the wrong “Dave Stewart”, but i couldn’t. in fact, while now in the album credits there are both “Dave Stewart” and “David Stewart” (both trombonist) in the individual tracks credits there is only the newly added “David Stewart”.
so, really, i cannot solve this problem, that should be solved as some level in roon metadata.

1 Like

Thanks @Niccolo_Terzi . We had already identified the bad equivalences and made an edit. Either @mike or I will be updating this thread soon.

I can’t seem to the Eurythmics Dave Stewart at all. I end up at a keyboard player and a saxophonist.

It will take up to a week for the new metadata to be pulled into your library. You will probably need to manually change the artist image(s) once the edit takes place.

wrong anouk here:

the anouk in manu chao (mano negra) albums is not the netherland singer, but Anouk Khelifa

the error is in roon metadata database (not in my file tags)

EDIT: still hoping in a discogs/roon integration… in my opinion, that is the most complete database. not without errors, though

1 Like

Apologies if this one has been raised already. Nirvana…

The original UK Patrick Campbell Lyons outfit and the Seattle grunge masters.

Despite labelling the PCL outfit in my files as **Nirvana (UK) ** they albums are still listed with Kurt’s gang

Which albums @Kenny_McHardy? Please can you post a screenshot? Our processing equivalence for Nirvana is good (this is a known problem artist name) and either there are bad attributions coming from our metadata providers or something funny is going on in your library. Either way, we’ll try and get to the bottom of it.

Hi Joel

Mainly sorted after the re-load, only one minor mix from a compilation album.

Don’t know how to load the screenshot on the iPad :eyes:

Hi,

Briefly press the home button and the standby button simultaneously… you should hear a camera shutter sound that confirms the screen shot has been captured.

Then you can just upload that image onto the forum.

Angel - 70s Rock band and RB/Rap artist

@Rugby We made an edit for Angel three weeks ago. Please can you post details of the affected albums?

Search for Angel. Go to the band page. Down in Tidal Main Albums and Singles and EPs. The items marked in red are not the 70s Rock Angel

Hi @dylan

Just to let you know, I have not experience this issue now for a while (been on holiday, so not been able to test too much, but last week everything has been OK)

An additional issue I have (which may be a new topic all together) is that Roon will merge artists with the same name.

For example there are (at least) 2 different artist called José Gonzalez. Using the TIDAL app, these two artists will be listed as two separate artists, with two different bios etc. In Roon, they will merge as one (showing the bio of Swedish artist José Gonzalez, but also including the albums of another artist with the same name). I have found the same issue with Swedish group Ghost (who are mixed with a Japanese group with the same name)

This is improved, I think. The bio is now for the 80’s group. But the picture is still of the old 50’s/60’s folk group, with their instruments, outside blinking in the sunlight.