Artist Equivalence Issues

@Niccolo_Terzi Thanks for the reports. Edits made for Denis Charles and Staatskapelle Berlin. As usual, these may take up to a week to take effect.

Is it possible to “batch” identify duplicate artists like this? I come across them all the time.

@Tony_Casey Yes. Virtually every artist equivalence issue which has come up in this thread is fixed automatically in code which we are now testing; or more accurately, the new code doesn’t generate these issues. Any edits we’re are making at the moment are simply interim fixes until the new code is live.

Look forward to it. If I understand correctly the fixes will propagate through to existing libraries without a need to notify roon? Is that correct?

Yes, should be automatic.

A post was split to a new topic: Michael (Mike, Mack) McClure

wrong bob thompson

as it is said in the bio:

the bob thompson of the composition is not this one… it should be

M , -M-

the bio says this “M” is Robin Scott, aka -M-.
but the bio of -M-

says he is mathieu chedid, so i guess another person.
they are both credited in:

but i guess the correct one is only -M-

A post was split to a new topic: Bill Nelson / Billy “Bass” Nelson

another double:

this is the wrong craig ross. he should be:

@Niccolo_Terzi Edits made for:

Bob Thompson
M / -M-
Craig Ross

Michael McClure and Bill Nelson issues split into other threads.

A post was split to a new topic: Bad album artist for Eric Sierra’s Subway

British band Grand National had 2 or 3 albums in the 00’s, but disbanded 2007ish. Their profile has additional tidal albums associated with it for a more recent band of the same name:

Nick

A post was split to a new topic: K-Passa confusion

Hi,
I own an album called “Demons & Lovers” from a band called “The Iron Horse”. The album is identified in Roon but linked to a band “Iron Horse”.

According to allmusic.com website the correct Iron Horse band should be this one: https://www.allmusic.com/artist/iron-horse-mn0000067656 - although only the albums with a yellow marker in the screenshot below are from that particular band.

The rest of the albums is performed by other bands called “Iron Horse”.

@papa.jay Edit made for Iron Horse.

John Paul “Bucky” Pizzarelli looks uncannily like his son, John Paul Pizzarelli, Jr:

The two have worked together a lot so it’s quite tricky to piece together which credits are correct in Roon and which are confused by their names.

Hi @dpstjp. An equivalence edit for these two was made quite some time ago and current metadata has different images for both of these. It looks like you simply have the old images. Unfortunately though, you’ll have to update the image for Pizzarelli Snr. manually.

There are a couple of images here.

1 Like

This Thomas Kelly, Member of REO Speedwagon, obviously couldn’t be the one that was born 1769 and died 1855.

Hi @BlackJack Thanks for the report. Edit made for Tom / Thomas Kelly.

1 Like