Artist Equivalence Issues

Hi,
I have exactly the same question about artist with same name as another and wrong artist data.
How does one deal with that ?
Thx
Joe

@PulledToBits
@Josef_Coetsee

You need to tell @joel what the problem is - who the artists / albums / tracks / etc are that are incorrect - and why, and then he can try to fix it

1 Like

@joel
The specific problem with mine is the artist called The Wake. Its a goth rock artist from the USA. The album is called “Masked”.
The album shows up correctly but the artist bio info and such that Roon shows me is for a different artist called The Wake that is from the UK.

1 Like

@Joe_Bradley
@PulledToBits
Edits made for Sharks and The Wake.

1 Like

I guess I am not understanding how Roon works, becasue it still shows the wrong band on the artist page for The Wake album I have. I took it out of the library and re imported it but its still the same.

Edits can take a few days to show up.

@Joel you removed the correct albums and left the other band’s stuff in :slight_smile:

So more info on the duplicate artists:

• The name that is duplicate is: Noah Wall (there are 2 different people with the same name)
  • Roon shows this as: Noah Wall aka Jukeboxer
  • The artist I have in my library is: Noah Wall, album is Down Home Blues (see: http://www.chesky.com/artist/noah-wall)

Joe

@anon55914447 With the current metadata infrastructure, it may be impossible to get the TIDAL artist-album links correct (TIDAL is simply giving us incorrect metadata). Sometimes, I have to make a choice between “least worst” and removing the links to the TIDAL albums altogether. That said, I’ll take another look today.

@anon55914447 Are we talking about Mum / MĂșm?

@Josef_Coetsee Edit made. Here’s the problem: https://listen.tidal.com/artist/6053263

Yes. If the only choice is between how it was before and now, then go back to how it was before.

At the moment, the MĂșm titles have disappeared, and they’re the correct ones for the artist bio.

@anon55914447 Mark, it doesn’t look that bad for me when I’m browsing (I have no Mum or MĂșm in my library); the problem seems to be that TIDAL seems to have as many (or more) MĂșm albums attributed to its Mum artist page than Mum albums(!), as well as having a separate correct MĂșm artist page. Please would you post screenshots of what you are seeing?

Here they are in Tidal. The highlighted album are the correct MĂșm titles.

After the edits, here’s what I see available from Tidal in Roon. These are albums belonging to the other artist ‘Mum’.

The album 'Finally We Are No One’ has been pushed into the Appearances section

And the other two albums on Tidal are searchable through Roon, but now completely orphaned from the Artist page.

Do you get the following if you search for “mum”?

If I then click on MĂșm or Mum, I get the correct albums.

My two links resolve to exactly the page.

Okay, we’re getting somewhere. Have you added any MĂșm or Mum albums to your library? It’s not been a week yet and it’s possible that the changes haven’t filtered into your library. OTOH, it’s possible that you might need to clear your TIDAL cache. Finally, have you done any MĂșm or Mum artist edits?

From Tidal? Not yet.

I can try that. It won’t cause any harm.

And non-TIDAL?

I had two existing MĂșm albums, but I haven’t imported anything since first setup.