Artist Equivalence Issues

Okay, so you imported those albums when we were falsely equivalencing the two artists, so your library still believes that the two are equivalent (hence redirecting to the same page). The update probably hasn’t hit your library yet; give it a few more days and if it’s still not sorted, we’ll take it from there. Thanks for your patience.

1 Like

OK, will update you in a week or so.

@joel

The Monks is still messed up for me. No amount of renaming gets the proper 70s artist information to show up above those albums.

Here’s one: artist page for Bob James, jazz/pop keyboardist, shows a couple of releases from a Bob James wearing a cowboy hat. Not the same fella, I’m pretty sure - Tidal’s got them lumped together. I can never remember what you can do with their data, but thanks!

@kneville Hi Kevin, I’ve made a minor edit, but I’m not sure there is much I can do about Tidal’s mistake at this point. We know it’s an issue and are in the process of re-designing our systems so we can pull these false artist equivalences apart.

@joel Thanks, Joel. There were a couple of others I noticed last night as well, I’ll keep them to myself and we’ll see where things go from here. Appreciate your efforts, cheers!

@joel The jazz drummer Gregory Hutchinson and the rapper Cold 187um are regarded as one person.

Will it become possible to define or edit our own artist field? Although I greatly appreciate all the edits that the Roon team make for us based on the forum requests, it may be difficult to keep on doing this.
I have some Dutch bands from the old days (70s, 80s) that have a name the same as more recent bands from other countries. That is inevitable.
Currently, I can not edit this and I end up with an obscure Japanese metal band replacing my Dutch soul singer and no way to change that.

I did not go through all the replies in this thread, so if the questions was already raised, I apologize.

@Rainer_Muller Edit made for Gregory Hutchinson.

@joel
I also see that JT and JTQ are mixed. In my albums the tags are clear but it looks like the Roon data has errors of equivalence.

I can see no way to unmix them from the user side.

Can you fix ? Do you need examples or can you see from your data directly?

Many thanks

@ncpl and @tboooe - these don’t appear to be equivalence issues, but result from Rovi defining both the group and the individual as primary album artists. Are you able to remove the James Taylor album artist?

But you know it is a different JT; not the same one in a quartet?

Edit: Oh… I think it’s a James Taylor equivalence issue, amongst the James Taylors…

Edit made for six different James Taylors… :blush:

1 Like

bingo…hence why I don’t think I can fix at the user end. When I look at a JTQ album I get the JT albums also by the same artist…which is not correct.

thanks for looking at it.

Edit…apologies…I realise I can edit primary artist locally to fix it.

Hi gang…how does Roon handle the situation when a band slightly modifies it name? In my library I have the band Trashcan Sinatras. Originally, they spelled their name Trash Can Sinatras (3 words). After a few albums their name was changed to Trashcan Sinatras (2 words). In Roon, the band is listed using their original 3 word name. Shouldnt they be displayed using their current name?

Sounds like a job for @joel! (You youngsters might not get the allusion.)

I admit I am not a youngster but I dont get your reference…pls enlighten me! :slight_smile:

I’m so old I went with the common misquote (you can Google it), but this is what I had in mind:

1 Like

Armageddon - the artist description is for a '90s Swedish band, the members of the band are listed as the members of the '70s Keith Relf led band. It shows the band being formed in 1997 and disbanded in 1976. The lp referenced is the 1975 Keith Relf lp.