Artist Equivalence Issues

Many different artist who go by “Trouble” are included under the same listing. This appears to be a recent pic of the doom metal band (and the reason for my mentioning the issue), with a description for an Atlanta Rapper. There are other Troubles in the Tidal main album settings. Would it be possible to give the metal band its own listing?

@Rob. Edit made for Trouble.

Thanks @joel.

Finally did some research. There is no Aki Takahashi who is a saxophonist. This is totally the wrong biography. It appears to be for one Tatsuya Takahashi: https://www.discogs.com/artist/1066837-Tatsuya-Takahashi

Aki Takahashi is here: https://www.discogs.com/artist/446295-Aki-Takahashi

Maybe this information will help Rovi?

Many thanks, @joel, for your efforts on this.

There are two Paul Banks getting mashed together as one artist.

• The lead singer of the band Interpol
  • The folk singer listed in the Tidal Main Albums section of the attached screenshot

Thanks

Hey @joel,

I have the same James Taylor album that NOA has, and I am still seeing the same (incorrect) artist link to Jimmy Johnson that he reported.

I also came across another issue with Jimmy Johnson, different from what @NOA reported.

Jimmy Johnson is also a member of a band called “Flim & the BB’s”, and appears in my library on the albums “TriCycle”, “Big Notes”, “New Pants”, “Tunnel”, "Further Adventures of Flim & the BB’s, and “Neon”.

Jimmy’s nickname is “Flim”, and so in addition to his proper name, he is also credited on these albums as “Flim Johnson” in a couple of cases, and on “Neon” he is also typo’d as “Flim Johnon” (no s).

As far as I can tell, NONE of the Jimmy Johnsons in the database actually correspond to this prolific musician.

There seem to be at least three different Belly artists grouped together.

Belly (the 90s alt-rock band) looks fine for me except for the Around the web links, which looks to be combining the ones for the band with the ones for the rapper. Outside of that both albums and the two EPs of theirs i have seem okay. I’m not using Tidal at the moment but I recall that the albums were jumbled there.

The Hummingbirds

Roon mixes up the Australian indie rock/pop band which released the album “Va Va Voom” (not in Tidal) with at least one and possibly more US bands of the same name.

It does seem more like it’s joining two separate artists in Tidal into one, plus Tidal have joined another Indian artist into the alt rock belly, for extra confusion.

Edit made for The Hummingbirds.

1 Like

Edit made for Belly.

UK band Dusted is listed as Canadian band Dusted.

Am I doing this right?

Sonny Burgess the rockabilly artist who died August 18 is confused with the country singer of the same name.

@HaroldChasen Hi Jayson, edit made for Dusted.

@stephen_condon Hi Stephen, edit made for Sonny Burgess. TIDAL is a real mess, but seems to have more of the rockabilly artist’s albums, so I’ve assigned that TIDAL ID to him. Does mean that the country artist’s albums will show up with the rockabilly ones.

There is a correct bio for Sonny Burgess the rockabilly artist on the Tidal albums with Dave Alvin, but clicking the artist name brings up the country singer’s bio.

The correct bio probably won’t show up until this evening (at the earliest).

Roon imported Marc Almond’s Twelve Years of Tears into my library correctly, but then also created a duplicate, incorrect listing under artist Mark-Almond (a completely different band). This needs to be addressed in the metadata database I assume. Thanks.

@Dan_Morgan Hi Dan, this isn’t an equivalence issue per se, but an incorrect attribution by Rovi which you can see here. I’ve asked Rovi to fix it.