Artist Equivalence Issues

I think I should have put this here.

British female singer Harriet is deemed Harriet (a US band)

@andybob Edit made for Amy Lee.
@Chrislayeruk Edit made for David Garrick.
@evand Edit made for Harriet.

@evand The Skid Row problem is, like your other unresolved issues above, almost certainly an attribution problem, not an equivalence one. Will need to dig into this when I have a bit more time.

2 Likes

here is a tough one: Not sure how one corrects this:

I checked out the band Zebra, the guitarist and vocalist is named Randy Jackson. I click on credits on several albums:

When one clicks on the Randy Jackson in the credits list of course it is linked to the other more popular Randy Jackson; the one from American Idol.

Even clicking the Randy Jackson link highlighted in blue in the album/band description beside the album brings us to the wrong Randy Jackson. If I didnā€™t know the difference I would be confused how a white guy became black, but then maybe someone might think the same looking at early Michael Jackson vs. later releases and wondering how someone went from black to white; I digressā€¦

Hi there,

Niagara is messed up. The metadata is merging 3 very differently sounding bands:

• a collective project in Italy
  • a rock group that which looks like a Whitesnake wannabe
  • Niagara, a french rock band from the 80-90ā€™s

Paqua is also wrong. There is at least one main album which doesnā€™t belong there: Ao Vivo Praia is an album from another Paqua.

Robbie Williams suffer from a rogue album: Things Are Getting Better from another Robbie Williams which seems to be in the religious thingā€¦ quite funny these two got mixed up together!

Hi Scott, this looks like a simple equivalence issue caused by TIDAL grouping the two artists together under the same ID. Iā€™ve made an edit and this should be resolved in a week or so. If not, please get back to me in this thread. Thanks.

2 Likes

Edit made for Niagara. There was a 4th one in there tooā€¦

2 Likes

@Joel,

Sol Heilo has just released a solo album (ā€œSkinhorse Playgroundā€). SHe is the same artist as Solveig Heilo from the sadly split-up Norwegian band Katzenjammer.

Thank you.

Edit made for Sol(veig) Heilo.

Many thanks.

I still donā€™t know how to fix this equivalence? I can remove the primary artist of ā€œThe Monksā€ and add a new one ā€œMonksā€. I also did the same with the regular artist field.

All this does is create a empty Monks artist with no details or art and performances are still linked to ā€œThe Monksā€.

There has to be a better fix for this?

Iā€™ve merged ā€œArt of Noiseā€ and ā€œThe Art of Noiseā€ but I canā€™t seem to get rid of ā€œArt of Noiseā€ from being a performer. It would be great to be able to get rid of these stray performers by linking with existing performers, not sure I can do that.

@joel,

I believe ā€œQuartetto Italianoā€ and ā€œItalian Quartetā€ are one and the same ensemble.

@dpstjp Thanks. Edit made.

1 Like

Lonna Kelly and Lonna Kelley is the same person. For some reason her surname is spelled differently on various collaborations with Howe Gelb. Consequently sheā€™s being seen as two different artists within Roon.

Evan, we appear not to have a metadata entity for ā€œLonna Kellyā€, at least not at the album level. Is this a TIDAL issue or a local one? Could a manual merge help here?

Thanks Joel, Iā€™ll rename her in tags and leave it at that. Hereā€™s the discogs entry: https://www.discogs.com/artist/1216804-Lonna-Kelley and here sheā€™s billed as Kelly: https://www.amazon.com/Further-Standards-Howe-Lonna-Kelly/dp/B076DQZ57L/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1512163334&sr=1-1&keywords=Lonna+Kelly

whereas sheā€™s billed as Kelley here:

1 Like

Disbanded before they were formed yet still going strong on tour.