Artist Equivalence Issues

Edit made for Los Lonely Boys.

1 Like

Jono (a hard rock band) has just released an album called Life. Roon / amg has them listed under Jazz - I’m guessing that’s another Jono.

Kila is an Irish folk band, but the entry for them in Roon appears to have releases from at least 2 other artists with the same name mixed in (it might be the case that none of the releases shown are by the Irish folk band, I’m not entirely sure).

The “Freiburg Baroque Orchestra” are the same as the “Freiburger Barockorchester”.

Tidal version of:

Track credits have “Turin Breaks” as a Primary Artist instead of “Turin Brakes”.

Could you take a look at Daniel Mair aka Elegy psytrance artists which get tagged as either Kirk Degiorgio or a rock band also named as Elegy.

All I have with Daniel Mair is tagged by he’s artist name Elegy, thanks.

@andybob re: Turin Brakes. This is bad Rovi metadata; I’ve asked them to correct.

@dpstjp Edit made for Freiburger Barockorchester.

@kneville Hi Kevin, tricky one this. TIDAL has assigned Kíla’s “Best Of” album to the artist ID for “Kila” (no accent), but as you point out, none of the singles/EPs appear to be by the Celtic band. I’ve removed that TIDAL equivalence and added the correct TIDAL ID for Kíla which loses that best of album, but gains three compilation albums with Kíla contributions.

1 Like

@evand Hi Evan, I’ve asked Rovi to make the change.

@Coz Hi Christian, I’ve made an edit for Elegy. I think that I got it right; please let me know if I haven’t (after a week).

1 Like

Side Effects

Wrong: https://www.discogs.com/artist/5069665-side-effects-11

Correct: https://www.discogs.com/artist/2489028-Side-Effects-4

Please let me know if it’s not enough info and if it’s okay to post like this since I got many artists which is wrong.

Hi,

Wrong artist vs album.

Hi @Michael_Vinberg. Thanks for the report; however, I hope that you’ll forgive me for not knowing every single band in the history of recorded music and their albums… :slight_smile: What is incorrect here?

Hi @Coz. I don’t know what is required here. And FYI, Roon doesn’t currently use Discogs as a metadata source.

Hi Joel
You are forgiven :wink:

Well… the band in my collection is called “After Hours” so the association to the other band called “Afterhours” is wrong.
I see no error in the data for the album itself.

How are you getting to the “Afterhours” artist page?

As you can see, it’s connected via “primary artist = Afterhours”
It should read “primary artist = After Hours”

My metadata is fine so the association is wrong in your database :wink:

If I click the “After Hours” hyper link from albums, I will get to the artist “Afterhours”

I’ve found the problem, but something in your screenshot has caused me to waste time on this. Did you edit the name of the artist next to the album art, and does that link also take you to “Afterhours”? This kind of information is critical to resolving these issues.

Ok.
If you are referring to “After Hours” below the album name, the answer is NO. I have not edited anything.