Artist Equivalence Issues

@Jason Edit made for Maurizio.

Thanks Joel!

Hi Joel,
Thanks for looking into this for me. I just checked the artist Maurizio tonight and it appears that albums from the 2 artist are still grouped together. Has this change taken place or still in progress.

Thanks again,
Jason

Hello,

I have a couple artist that apeare as the same in my roon libary.

Under the artist name Chris Jones and main albums it seems to be a tree, four different artist that looks like one and the same

Under singles it seems to be even more artists with the same name

jens

Problem with two bands named Niagara that are combined.

The one i’m listening to is a german percussion group led by Klaus Weiss:

The other one is a French 80s band:

(two really nice album covers by the way :slight_smile:)

Another artist name that seems to have differense artists.

Artist name «Jet»

The tree top albums Are one artist, the four bottom involvert two artists. Hope you can Edit this

Hi @jmvdv. Rovi had attributed encore un dernier baiser to both artists. I’ve asked them to correct it.

1 Like

Hi @Jens_Petter_Johansen. I’ve made an edit for Jet - there are (at least) three artists incorrectly grouped together by TIDAL. I decided to keep the TIDAL artist ID for Jet linked to the Australian rock band as most of the albums are from them; this may mean a couple of albums from another Jet still come up in search, but I think this was the best compromise.

1 Like

@Jens_Petter_Johansen Hi Jens, I’ve made an edit for Chris Jones. The problem is that TIDAL has merged many artists of the same name.

1 Like

@Ian_Grant1 Hi Ian. This is a problem with TIDAL muddling up artists by the same name. Realistically, this is something that we’re all going to have to live with for a bit. We do have a plan to address this, but it’s quite a bit of work and relies on, amongst other things, good metadata from our other providers which we may or may not always have.

Anyway, just to let you (and others) know that we are working on this type of issue.

1 Like

Joel,

Thanks for the response, much appreciated and understood.

1 Like

Artist Wild Child needs disambiguating from at least one other band of the same name. The Roon photo and band bio is the correct one.

@anon55914447 Edit made for Wild Child.

1 Like

Sorry if this don’t fit in.

Again a new album I prefer unidentified over identified because of the way the featured artists is handled.

Snoop Dogg - 220 EP

You can edit each track to add the performer as you prefer and delete the performer format you don’t like.

Right click the track, edit metadata, add performer and delete performer as you see fit.

This way you can keep the album identified.

Yes I am well aware of that, but the hole idea of Roon is to have that done automatically especially for a fairly known artist, it begins to be a little tiresome to see that with almost every new album I add and it’s also very time consuming to correct what should have been right the first time, many of my albums from the 90’s have these featurings done right it should be getting better not worse, thanks for you help😉

I can hardly believe it but George Coleman, major jazz saxophonist with massive discography and staggering list of appearances since 1957 together with own web site disambiguates to a ‘novelty’ street musician “Bongo Joe”. Is this another result of the inconsistent .Jr suffix? My TIDAL flabber is truly gasted.

Apparently, Bongo Joe’s real name is also George Coleman. Anyway, thanks for bringing this to our attention. I’ve made an edit which should be with your library within a week. Note that the album “Bongo Joe” will still show up in the list of TIDAL albums for the saxophonist; there’s little we can do about that for the moment.

Carlos Vega, best-in-class drummer for years for James Taylor, died in 1998.
Obviously Artist page shows Tidal albums from a different Carlos Vega…

That’s wrong.

Thanks @NOA. I’ve made an edit which should be available in a couple of days.

1 Like