Artist Equivalence Issues

Hi, I wanted to let you know that the biography for the American folk/bluegrass artist Norman Blake is defaulting to the Scottish alternative rock artist with the same name. This is occurring on all of the American Norman Blake’s recordings including for example “Back In Sulfur Springs”, “Live at McCabe’s”, “Whiskey Before Breakfast” and “Blackberry Blossom”. The American Norman Blake was born on March 10, 1938 in Chattanooga TN.

Thanks for letting us know @Mario_Bucco. I’ve made an edit which should be absorbed by your library within a week.

@joel Right text but the picture is Nils Landgren?

Pretty sure I got Rovi to remove the trombonist pic ages ago. Unfortunately, you’ll need to update the artist image manually.

It’s this one:

http://cps-static.rovicorp.com/3/JPG_1080/MI0001/334/MI0001334803.jpg

Thanks Joel!

Metadata to “Matt McGinn” is a mix of two guys with this name.
Bio is from the older one, who died in 1977, birthdate is 1978. Albums are from both of them.

@AE67 Thanks, edit made.

thanks joel

Hi, I hope this is the right place to put this.

I have several albums by a Japanese band called SCANDAL. Most of them appear to have been identified correctly (correct album art and song titles), however their artist is coming up as an American 1982 band called Scandal.

I have two albums by another Japanese band called GARNiDELiA. Roon does seem to know about this band and even has the correct capitalisation of the name. However, Tidal has an album by the same band which appears under Garnidelia. These are the same artist.

Indeed it is :slight_smile: . I’ve made an edit for Scandal / SCANDEL. I’ve also joined up the GARNiDELiA variants; it’s possible that it will end up with the incorrect capitalization, but I don’t think that it will.

Thanks Jeol, much appreciated :slight_smile: And such a quick response!

I add this one

P.G.R. is an italian band, Per Grazia Ricevuta. Here the link take to:

something completely different

And another one. When Roon identifies the album Petite Blonde by Bill Evans et al., it thinks the Bill Evans in question is the pianist. The Bill Evans on this album is the saxophonist. Roon seems to give the piano-playing Evans credit as a composer, principal artist, and even the alto and soprano sax player.

The two bands named “Ghost” are combined for me. One is a Japanese experimental / shoegaze band (specifically, these guys: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_(1984_band)) and the other a Swedish heavy metal band (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ghost_(Swedish_band)) .
The image is that of the Swedish group while the bio is that of the Japanese. Links and concert info appears to be for the Swedes.

For what it’s worth, I know of at least one other band with the same name…

The album list of ‘Melanie’ has at least 4 different Melanies mixed up.

Hi, For the cd, “Swing Kings” by Bucky Pizzarelli and Ray Kennedy (jazz piano) the biographic information on Ray Kennedy (jazz piano) is for a different Ray Kennedy (country music). The Ray Kennedy on “Swing Kings” is actually Raymond Huston “Ray” Kennedy, Jr. He was born in 1957 in Maplewood Missouri and died on May 28, 2015 in New York city. He spent about 15 years playing piano in John Pizzarelli’s (Bucky’s son) band and is on the John Pizzarelli cd’s “P.S. Mr. Cole”, “Live at Birdland” and “Let’s Share Christmas”.

@Mario_Bucco Edit made for Ray Kennedy. Quite complicated, so let’s revisit in a week?

Thanks Joel, I appreciate it. It.

I added the album “Forest Of Summer” by a german band called Fairytale.

The album was identified correctly. If I click on the band “Fairytale” I get the description of a mid 60s psychedlic band although the “from” and “formed” field below the top frame is content related to the german band.

I hope this is the right place to put information like this. In case you need more information please let me know.

I added the album “Sagovindars Boning” by a band called Otyg. The album was identified correctly but the Primary Artist was set to Otig (instead of Otyg)