Artist Equivalence Issues

Here’s a variation on the theme of this thread.

The score by Michael Small for the film ‘Klute’, is incorrectly being associated with a Danish band called ‘Klute’, who do not perform on the score, so should be removed as a primary artist (i.e. album title and artist getting confused)

I can manually edit the artist to overcome the problem, but this then leads to the following entries in the diagnostic log (which I discovered by accident)

There is one entry in the log for each track on the album
“Debug: [library] can’t index broken track LibraryTrack[6339634, - Klute [Original Soundtrack Score] - Righteous IsAvailable=True IsDeleted=False ]”

regards
Nick

Hi Joel,
Well here’s another one for you. For the cd “String Thing” by Bucky Pizzarelli & Richard Carr, this Richard Carr is a classical & jazz violinist. The biography however is for a pianist with the same name, they are two different people.

Hi Joel,
And another one, Richard Bennett is a bluegrass guitarist with the following cd’s under his own name: “Walking Down The Line”, “A Long Lonesome Road”, “Last Train From Poor Valley” & “In The Wind Somewhere”. As part of Auldridge, Bennett & Gaudreau he is on “This Old Town” & “Blue Lonesome Wind”. The biographical information has him confused with the Richard Bennett, also a guitarists, who was with The Notorious Cherry Bombs and recorded with Neil Diamond & Mark Knophler.

I’ve added the album “Curious Liquid” by an artist called Weatherman. Roon matches the artist to Weathermen

Hi, I am a brand-new user here, testing Roon since today. Roon is mistakenly identifying the Composer Stephen Scott (see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Scott_(composer) ) with the jazz pianist of the same name. Concerned albums by the composer Stephen Scott are:

• “Vikings of the Sunrise” (1996),
  • “Paisajes Audibles” (2004), and
  • “Stephen Scott: The Deep Spaces” (2006).
    Thanks in advance.

Artist ‘Charlene’ shows Albums of three different Charlenes singing in three different languages. Unfortuately none of them is the one discripted in the bio :smile:

Terry Ellis - a producer and other credits for several Jethro Tull albums shown as Terry Ellis a member of 1990’s En Vogue.

two different medesky martin & wood:

and

cannot simply merge, as both have infos.

group “i nomadi” in 2 versions:

and

cannot simply merge, as both have infos

wrong GATEWAY identification:

this has been mixes with Gateway Trio, by D. Holland, J. DeJonhette & J. Abercrombie.

Hi @Niccolo_Terzi. Edit made for Gateway/GATEWAY.

Roon is confusing Orb the French rapper with Orb the Geelong metal band and another ORB band unknown band to me (Running Through Pictures EP):

@andybob We have no metadata for this album other than TIDAL’s. Which Orb should this album be by?

I’m having a bit of trouble getting Roon to handle the meta data for ‘Billy Thorpe and the Aztecs’ properly. The problem is Roon seems to keep trying to treat different renditions of the name as separate artists, e.g. Billy Thorpe and the Aztecs, Billy Thorpe & The Aztecs, Billy Thorpe And The Aztecs, The Aztecs, etc.

See also, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Thorpe and
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Billy_Thorpe_and_the_Aztecs

I’ve somehow managed to get it down to:
Billy Thorpe (2 solo albums)
Billy Thorpe and the Aztecs (4 Albums)
Billy Thorpe And The Aztecs (2 Albums)
The Aztecs (1 of the above albums, plus some tracks from Various Artists type compilations). Roon even has an artist bio for this one, but it’s not very good, and the group is rarely referred to as just The Aztecs.

Even though I’ve renamed the album directories and changed the artist meta tags to use ‘Billy Thorpe and the Aztecs’, Roon keeps insisting two of those albums are still by the artist ‘Billy Thorpe And The Aztecs’.

My searches of the Knowledge Base and the forums have not really made it clear to me how this stuff is handled by Roon, and more importantly, how it is resolved.

Any help and guidance would be gratefully received.

He’s an Italian rapper, not French. This CD Store has a recording Co and release number. Doesn’t seem to be very popular.

This is the Geelong band at Discogs. They only have two albums - “Birth” and “Naturality”.

I can’t find out anything about the band(s) named Orb that released the EP “Running Through Pictures” or the single “Inside”. I don’t even know if they’re the same band, but neither is by the Geelong band or the Italian rapper. I can’t find those releases in discographies of the UK band “The Orb” either.

I have separate ‘Niki and the Dove’ and ‘Niki & the Dove’ in my library. Would be good if they could be combined please.

Hi Oliver,

You can merge Artists in Roon. Just go to the Artist view, select both Artists that you want to merge and a “Merge Artist” button will appear at top right:

1 Like

Thanks Andy. Hi figured there must be a way but I hadn’t given it enough thought.

One month later, now having Roon 1.5, and I see that nothing changed. The Composer Stephen Scott is still mistakenly identified by Roon as the jazz pianist of the same name…

@joel
Another weird one that I’ve just found.
There’s only one group called “Genaside II” and I have all 3 of their albums, but they’ve somehow been split into 2 identical Artists…?

Can I merge them myself, or can you do it from your end?

Ta!

[Edit : I scrolled back by 1 post (!) and saw how to merge artists - oops - so I’ve done it myself - but it’s still weird & probably something to check / correct].