Artist Equivalence Issues

This review of an Oasis album made me laugh.

I have 2 Johnny Cash artists.

Both show the same albums when you go into them. But I have to assume it’s related to the 5 albums labelled “With Johnny Cash”

2 Madonnas

“Sky” is a complete mess.
There are at least 4 different bands named Sky mixed together.

Trash Can Sinatras

Hope Sandoval and the Warm Inventions

Hey everyone.

We know that there is a longstanding problem of “two of performer xyz”. Note that these are usually the result of unidentified albums where we’ve not made the link from your albums’ performers to Roon metadata performers, so you end up with Roon/non-Roon performer duplicates in your library. In 1.3 we’re providing functionality which will allow you to resolve these yourself, along with lots of other great editing features.

Pure metadata artist equivalence issues, typically where distinct artists are being confused, are often more difficult to resolve, but please keep letting us know about them!

Thanks; we really appreciate your patience!

1 Like

Under Artist “Michael Johnson” you find 3-4 different artists mixed together.

Here’s one I found today - the artist “Gigi” pictured here is a woman from Ethiopia. I have one of her releases in my library. I discovered an Indonesian guitarist named Dewa Budjana who is also the frontman of a band called “Gigi” and those releases are mixed in with the African woman of the same name. It appears there may be one or two other artists of the same name with releases all on this page. They are all listed in Allmusic as well, tough to sort out. Thanks!

Paul Banks, the lead singer from Interpol, has albums from another Paul Banks on Tidal listed under his name. The 4 albums listed here under Tidal are a different artist.

@vaguedetails Hi Jared. Equivalence edit made for Paul Banks. As usual, could take up to a week to show up.

1 Like

Hello,

It looks like the artist description for the 80s Glam rock group Skid Row is pulling from the late 60s Irish rock band “Skid Row”
Is this something that can be fixed at the meta data source please?

Thanks!

Hi @Yargi_Erel This was another easy one to fix.

1 Like

Aki Takahashi, female classical pianist, is mixed up with Aki Takahashi, male saxophonist.

The albums are from the female, the biography is from the male.

1 Like

Lucero ( The Memphis country-punk band ) is being confused with Lucero ( The Mexican artist / actress )
The albums and tour dates are all the Memphis band, the bio is the Mexican artist.

I understand that the backend might not allow for this but couldn’t a re-map artist feature be added?

Josef Suk, the composer

is mixed up with Josef Suk, the violinist

All of the violinists records are listed to the composer (as a performer) (@joel).

German metal band Rage is mixed with some old British band with same name. While the photo is correct, biography is wrong and come from British one:

It’s a big disapoinment that 1.3 still doesn’t allow to solve such issues by myself.

Equivalence edit made for Rage. As usual, could take up to a week to filter through to your library.

I have the album Circus by english band Circus from the sixties and the album is identified correctly but when i go to the artist, the page is about an other band called Circus, a French group formed in 2012.
I have no albums of this french band
BTW I have also an album of a Swiss Band called Circus but in this case both album and band are identified correctly as separate.