Artist order in Roon

Evening all - I wondered whether you might be able to help please, I’ve looked myself and googled, but can’t find a way to resolve this.

In summary, I have Roon, Tidal and Qobuz and I’ll get rid of one of the streaming subscriptions when I’ve decided which to keep. I don’t bother with any stored music these days, and my only “library” is favourited artists in each app.

My problem lies with the ordering of artists within Roon when using Qobuz (this happens in Auralic Lightning too), whereby some artists are listed incorrectly, some examples:

Public Service Broadcasting is in B not P
Parquet Courts are in C not P
Tame Impala in I not T
Alabama Shakes in S not A etc etc……

The strange thing is, that artists are listed by the first letter (usually regardless of it being a band name, or artist name) in the Qobuz app, but are listed “incorrectly” in Roon and Auralic DS.

If I check my Tidal listings, everything is correct in the Tidal app, Roon and Lightning DS, with everything by first letter, which is my preference (e.g I’d rather just have The Charlatans in T) .

Does anyone know how to change this please? I have all Roon settings as “First name”.

Thank you

Hi Matthew,

We appreciate your report! I’ve passed this info along to the team for further investigation. I’ll be sure to update you here once I’ve received their feedback.

1 Like

Hi @Eddie,

I wanted to touch base with some good news, which is that our technical team has been able to reproduce this behavior and we’ve opened up a ticket with our developers.

While I can’t say for certain when this issue will be fixed, getting things reproduced in-house is a critical first step, and I will keep this thread up to date as the team passes along feedback and work begins to get this resolved. Thanks again for the report!

That’s great new Dylan - thanks for taking the time to look in to it properly.

It’s one of those “first world problems”, not a huge issue, but nice to sort, if possible.

Please let Auralic know the solution too, when you find it! Haha.

1 Like