Artist radio is limited to artist only or the artist is never played.

Hello,

I have some issues with the roonradio function on ARC it looks like the artist radio function in the app are really limited to the artist only. I get almost never any recommendations about similar artists.

If I play the same station with the Roon app i get a lot beter recommendations. But… also there it looks like the station from that artist isn’t how it should be. The first song is played from the artist and after that one i get almost nothing anymore from the artist where i start the station from

Have more people this issue?

Hey @Rich88,

You have my sincerest apologies for the delayed response here, we’ve been dealing with a higher-than-usual volume following our release and we’re working as quickly as we can to get back to everyone.

Following up on this thread, I wanted to check in to see if you were still running into issues with Roon Radio on Arc? To confirm, when looking at your Arc settings, do you have ‘Limit Roon Radio to library’ toggled on?

I would also suggest hitting ‘Reset Roon Arc’ to see if that helps clear the slate for you. I’ll be on standby for your reply :+1:

Hello,

This don’t chance anything. I tried already.
To be sure i dont find the algorithm very smart overal. The most music with Roon radio isn’t based on my “liked songs” or library.

Also the Roon arc keepd playing only artist music nothing similar.

And Roon self only “similar” but nothing about the artist.

This is really sad. I tried to like Roon. Really but i don’t feel it’s a player that helping me discovering new music. I really would like. It’s more to random.

Hey @Rich88,

A good thing to note with Roon radio is that the more time you put into it, the better the results will be that you get out of it. For me personally, it took a bit of time for Roon to understand what genres I like, and what artists and tracks I’ve favorited and added to playlists etc, so it can really learn and understand my listening patterns.

Do you have a streaming service successfully active and logged in when you’re streaming audio from Arc?

I would consider exploring additional options for using Roon radio, like starting a radio based on a specific album, or song, and see if it helps in terms of discovery.

Thank you for your info,

It’s not about song or artist ( song radio is the best from both) genre is the worst from all almost everything I can dislike. For example pop when i start a radio from this genre it isnt even close to what I listen. I get music from artists what isn’t close to ( for example a lot mainstream artists i have in my library)

That’s put me back to use the service because i love radio stations based on my tasted.

I use qobuz for streaming almost 5000 albums there but mostly get with a other service next of it. Not with Roon. :slightly_frowning_face:

Can I ask you how much time you needed before you thought yes! That’s what I call music!?

Hey @Rich88,

It took a few weeks of routinely providing feedback on radio selections and starting radio based on a few playlists, all-time favorite artists, LPs, and singles. Even now, Roon will sometimes play tracks I’m not wild enough, so I’ll let it know and move on. It usually plays a fair amount of music I enjoy though.

Checking your Arc Radio settings, do you have ‘Limit Roon Radio to library’ enabled?

I don’t have Roon radio limited to my library on. It wouldn’t make so much sense i think to keep this on because i have not so much music stored on my computer. Maybe maximum 3 albums haha :relaxed: i use Roon for an extension for Qobuz. Like we know all qobuz have almost no algorithms for discovering music.

Song radio is ok. And album radio to. But again genre radio isnt that great to much music i really wouldn’t listening to… The same with artist radio where i get no songs from the artist. On Roon, and arc only the artist. And no music that would Related to that artist.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.