Artist results differ depending on how you get there

If I search for Sammy Davis, Jr. I get the following result: Only a tiny number of results

If I click on one of the results (say the one below)

and then click on Sammy Davis Jr… I get heaps of results (51 albums)

Hi @Trevor_Nathan,

I think I understand what’s occurring here, but just to be sure — Can you share a screenshot of the search results screen after searching for Sammy Davis Jr?

This is what I see

Did you click on view all main albums or is this a different question?

The option to view main albums is not there if I click on “Sammy Davis, Jr. “ from the search results.

The option to view main albums is there if I click on one of the few album results I do get and then click on Sammy Davis Jr.

Hence my comment that results differ depending on how you get there.

First click on Top Result

The result of clicking on “top result” is what you see in my very first screenshot in my original post

Your first screenshot is the Composer screen.

The third one with more results is the Artist page.

The Composer pages probably make more sense in the classical world, but I find them less helpful than the Artist page with contemporary artists.

There’s also this known bug to complicate things further, where if you don’t have an Artist in your library already, you can only get to the Composer page and the option to switch to Artist isn’t available.

I’m not seeing a bug or not understanding. Here’s what I do…

1. Search on Sammy Davis, Jr
  2. Click on Top Result (Artist - Sammy Davis, Jr)
  3. See Main Albums (69)
  4. Click View Main Albums

Do you not have this showing?

It toggles between the 2 screenshots you have posted.

.sjb

Search for Sammy Davis, Jr

Click on Top Result (Artist - Sammy Davis, Jr.

Scroll down to see Main Albums (69)

Click on View All Main Albums

So the difference that I get from what @Jim_F and @Sloop_John_B are getting is that the “performer/composer” toggle does not appear when I click on Sammy Davis from my search results.

It only appears when I do the following:

• Search for Sammy Davis
  • click on Sammy Davis in the search results
  • click on one of the very small number of albums that does come up
  • click on Sammy Davis from within that album page
    only then do I see his full list of albums

Hi @Trevor_Nathan,

I just wanted to follow up and let you know that we are aware of some situations where this bug can occur and we have some ideas for how we can improve this. We can’t provide any specific timelines just yet, but we definitely hope to improve this in a future update.

Thanks for the report!

Thanks @dylan

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.