Artist Search Not Showing All Albums

Core Machine:
Mac mini (M1, 2020)
macOS Big Sur Version 11.2.3 (20D91)
Roon version 1.8 (Build 764)

Network N/A, the hard drive of albums is connected to the computer via USB.

Audio Devices: I have a USB connecting the mac mini output to a Bricasti M1 DAC which is hooked up to my stereo.

I have two issues, both related to searching on artists to see their albums.

1. I have a DSD album in my library which I own, it’s not streaming, it’s in my library. The artist Leonard Bernstein is listed under Primary Artist Links and as Album Artist. I can see the album when I look in my albums collection via My Library → Albums and sort by date. I added it yesterday so it shows at the top.

When I search by Leonard Bernstein - or click his name from within this album - I see a list of his albums, but this one isn’t listed. Nor are other albums I own where he’s the artist.

Why is this (and other albums) missing from the artist search? Why don’t I see this album when I switch to artist view and go to Leonard Bernstein? I see other versions of this album, but not this one. I’m showing hidden tracks and albums, but still it’s missing.

1. Why do I see the same Qobuz version of this album twice even when I elect to NOT show hidden tracks and albums, and even when I try to hide one instance of it?

I see this situation a lot, missing albums when I search on an artist. How do I fix this?

Hello @Cameron_Hughes ,

Apologies for the delay!

Our team’s queue is longer than typical at the moment, but we’re working to get back to everyone as quickly as we can.

Can you please share a few screenshots of the issue? Is the Leonard Bernstein album properly identified if you find it → right click → 3-dot drop down?

2 posts were split to a new topic: Recommended albums vs discography

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.